सामयिक विषय: Places
Question: Which is the first state of North East India to implement e-Cabinet solution?
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
- On 7th February, 2017 Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the northeast to implement e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members.
- This system will help cabinet members access the cabinet notes before the meeting.
- The entire business of the Cabinet can be conducted using the e-Cabinet solution.
- The e-Cabinet solution will give remote access to the Ministers to view Cabinet notes and the same will be circulated well in advance for proper analysis and feedback.
- The system is a multi-user secure solution that keeps relevant information organized and updated in real time, giving ministers a clear overview of each item under discussion.
- e-Cabinet solution has been implemented by the department of Information Technology and Communication.
- The Department of IT and Communication also distributed one secured tablet to each member of the Cabinet through which the ministers can access the e-Cabinet solution.
- After adoption of the e-Cabinet system, the average length of the cabinet meetings will go down from 4-5 hours to just 30-90 minutes and the government can also eliminate the need to print and deliver thousands of pages of documents.
Question: As per a recent report by the National Energy Administration, China has become world’s biggest producer of solar energy. What is the share of solar energy to China’s total power generation?
(a) 2 percent
(b) 1 percent
(c) 1.25 percent
(d) 1.5 percent
- China has emerged as world’s biggest producer of solar energy as per data shared by the National Energy Administration (NEA) of China on 4th February, 2017.
- The country has doubled installed photovoltaic (PV) capacity. Solar plants generated 66.2 billion kilowatt-hours of power last year, accounting for 1 percent of China’s total power generation.
- As per the data by the Energy Agency, the Installed PV capacity has risen to 77.42 gigawatts at the end of 2016, with the addition of 34.54 gigawatts over the course of the year.
- Shandong, Xinjiang, Henan were among the provinces that saw the most capacity increase, while Xinjiang, Gansu, Qinghai and Inner Mongolia had the greatest overall capacity at the end of last year.
- National Energy Administration has planned to add more than 110 gigawatts of capacity in the 2016-2020 period.
- The country aims to boost the mix of non-fossil fuel generated power to 20 percent by 2030 from 11 percent today.
- China plans to invest 2.5 trillion Yuan ($364 billion) into renewable power generation by 2020.
Question: Recently Meghalaya’s first ever Apparel and Garment Centre was inaugurated at-
(d) None of the above
- On 30 January 2017 Meghalaya’s first ever Apparel and Garment Centre inaugurated at Ampati.
- It was inaugurated by union Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani, along with Chief Minister of Meghalaya Dr. Mukul Sangma.
- Ampati is present in South West Garo Hills, Meghalaya.
- The Apparel and Garment Making Centre, covering an area of 45,000 sq. ft, has been set up at a cost of approximately Rs. 14.26 crore, under the North East Region Textiles Promotion Scheme (NERTPS) of the Ministry of Textiles.
- The centre has three units, two of them housing 105 sewing machines each, and the third one having seventy machines.
- The foundation stone for this centre was laid in 2015 by the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, in the presence of the then Union Textiles Minister.
- Its construction was completed by NBCC, in a record time of less than two years.
- The Apparel and Garment Making Centre is being set up as part of a landmark initiative announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Nagaland, on 1st December, 2014.