सामयिक विषय: Places
Question- Which of the following date was recently celebrated by the Kansas State of America as Indo-American appreciation Day to honor the Indian citizen killed in hate crime?
(a) March 15, 2017
(b) March 16, 2017
(c) March 17, 2017
(d) March 18, 2017
- On March 16, 2017; Indo-American appreciation day was celebrated by Kansas State of America.
- Its purpose was to honor the Indian citizen Srinivas Kuchibhotla, who was killed a few months ago in hate crime.
- On February 22, 2017, the 32-year-old Indian citizen was shot dead by US Navy’s Veteran Adam Purinton (51 years).
- In this incident a Srinivas friend, Alok Madasani and American citizen Ian Grillot, who came to rescue him, were injured.
- It is important that Madasani and Grillot also attended the ceremony of this day.
- According to Kansas governor Sam Brownback, the silly event of violence does not divide or define the state.
Question: Which historical anniversary was recently celebrated by the American state of Alaska by the then Russian empire?
- In March 2017, the United States’s 49th state Alaska was celebrated by the US for its 150th anniversary of the purchase from the then Russian Empire.
- Alaska was bought by the US $ 72 lakh ($ 7.2 million) under a treaty on 20 March 1867 from the then Russian Empire.
- This large terrain was bought by America for a price of around 2 cents / acre.
- On May 11, 1912, it granted status of an American Administration.
- On January 3, 1959, Alaska was formally declared the 49th state of America.
- In terms of area Alaska is the largest province of the America.
- This is one of the richest provinces in the country due to natural resources such as petroleum, gold, fisheries and beautiful tourist destinations.
Question: After the terrorist attack on the crowd gathered for prayers in Coptic Church of two cities of Egypt, Tanta and Alexandria, President of that country announced emergency for how many months?
(a) 1 month
(b) 2 months
(c) 3 months
(d) 4 months
- On 9 April 2017; a terror attack was done on the mob in Coptic Church gathered for praying in the two cities of Egypt, Tanta and Alexandria.
- In the two separate blasts, about 49 people died and about 125 others were injured.
- According to the Ministry of Health, the first explosion is about 120 km from Cairo. In the remote Neil Delta, in the St George Coptic Church of Tanta City.
- About 27 people died and about 78 people were injured in this blast.
- The second explosion took place in St. Mark’s Cathedral Coptic Church of Alexandria, in which about 22 people died and about 48 were injured.
- ISIS has taken responsibility for this attack.
- Following these attacks, a three-month emergency was announced by the Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi in the country.
- It is important that this day is considered holy day in the Christian calendar.