सामयिक विषय: Personalities
Question: Who recently took charge as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Vijay Kumar
(b) Aditya Mishra
(c) Daljit Singh Chaudhary
(d) Sulkhan Singh
- On April 22, 2017, senior IPS officer Sulkhan Singh took charge as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Uttar Pradesh.
- On this post, he replaced S. Javeed Ahmed.
- Sulkhan Singh is the senior IPS officer of the 1980 batch.
- Earlier, he was working as Director General of Police (Training).
- Apart from this, senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra was appointed Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Law and Order.
- On this post, he will replace Daljit Singh Chaudhary.
- Daljit Singh Chaudhary was given additional charge of the Additional Director General (Economic Crime Branch) along with logistics.
Question: Recently, Vinay Shah took charge as the new managing director and chief executive officer of which organization?
(a) New India Insurance Company Ltd.
(b) LIC Housing Company Ltd.
(c) United Insurance Co. Ltd.
(d) LIC of India
- On April 18, 2017; Vinay Shah took over as the new managing director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer of LIC Housing Finance Ltd.
- On this post, he took the place of Sunita Sharma.
- It is known that LIC Housing Finance Ltd was incorporated on June 19, 1989.
- It has its headquarters in Maharashtra.
Question: Recently, Justice Gita Mittal was appointed Acting Chief Justice of which of the following High Court?
(A) Madras High Court
(B) Calcutta High Court
(C) Delhi High Court
(D) Bombay High Court
- On April 13, 2017; Justice Geeta Mittal was appointed Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
- In this post, she will replace Justice G Rohini.
- It is known that President Pranab Mukherjee appointed her as Acting Chief Justice under Article 223 of Indian Constitution.
- It is notable that the Delhi High Court was established on October 31, 1966.