सामयिक विषय: Short Notes
Question: Which country will organize the first World Ocean Festival?
- The first World Ocean Festival, which will run from 5 to 9 June, will be organized in New York, America.
- Festival will be organized by the Global Brain Foundation.
- It aims to o raise their voices to reverse the declining health of our oceans.
- Significantly the function will drew attention towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Goal 14, on conservation and sustainable use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
Question: Who recently took charge as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Vijay Kumar
(b) Aditya Mishra
(c) Daljit Singh Chaudhary
(d) Sulkhan Singh
- On April 22, 2017, senior IPS officer Sulkhan Singh took charge as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Uttar Pradesh.
- On this post, he replaced S. Javeed Ahmed.
- Sulkhan Singh is the senior IPS officer of the 1980 batch.
- Earlier, he was working as Director General of Police (Training).
- Apart from this, senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra was appointed Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Law and Order.
- On this post, he will replace Daljit Singh Chaudhary.
- Daljit Singh Chaudhary was given additional charge of the Additional Director General (Economic Crime Branch) along with logistics.
Question: on April 23rd, 2017, ‘World Book and Copyright Day’ was celebrated all over the world. Which of the following cities has been chosen this year as the ‘World’s Book Capital’?
- On April 23rd, 2017, World Book and Copyright Day was celebrated across the world.
- World Book and Copyright Day is an opportunity to highlight the power of books to promote our vision of knowledge societies.
- This year, the African country of Guinea, Conakry has been chosen as World Book Capital.
- UNESCO created the World Book and Copyright Day in its General Conference, held in Paris in 1995, to pay a world-wide tribute to books and authors on this date, encouraging everyone.
- April 23 is a symbolic date in the world literature.
- On April 23rd, 1616, litterateur and author William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes and Inca Garci Lasso de la Vega were passed away.