सामयिक विषय: Miscellaneous
Question: Which state of India has recently arranged to provide free legal help to women suffering from triple talaq?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
- According to the reports published on April 5, 2017, free legal help to women suffering from triple talaq in Kerala will be provided by the state government
- The State Minority Commission has initiated this initiative.
- Minority Commission Chairman P.K. Haneef has been ordered to make panels of legal advisers in all the 14 districts of Kerala.
- These women will include 4 women advocates.
- The woman suffering from triple talaq can contact the panel directly. Two helpline for this Issued – 0471-2315122, 2318122
Panel will provide legal help to victim women.
- It is worth mentioning that these days issue of triple talaq is in great discussion and hearing of its legality is doing the constitutional bench of the Supreme Court.
- Triple talaq is a system under Muslim communities, under which a man can divorce his wife by saying three times talaq talaq talaq or by writing (by message).
Question- Recently, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved unrestricted export of organic farm products. Which of the following is not included?
(a) Biological pulses and lentils
(b) Organic sugar
(c) Biological sugar
(d) Organic wheat
- On March 31, 2017, under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the removal of all quantitative limits on the export of specific organic farming products and the unrestricted export of these products and processed organic farm products.
- Regardless of the limitations / restrictions imposed on the existing or future on the inorganic forms of these products, there will be no restriction on the export of organic products.
- Although the quantitative limit on export of biological pulses and lentils has not been removed from the country, the export limit has been increased from 10,000 metric tonnes to 50,000 metric tonnes per annum.
- The export of all these organic products has been certified by the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) under the Biological Products National Program for Organic Production.
- By extending the limit on export of these products and increasing the export ban of pulses, the government will help in achieving the target of doubling the income of the farmers.
- This will reduce the cost of farming and the farmers will get better value of biological product.
- At the same time, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved amendment in the paragraph 5 of the ‘New Urea policy-2013’ which is related to the production of re-assessed Capacity-RAC.
- The Cabinet Committee also approved to include Para 8 in urea policy.
- With these changes, urea units will be able to produce more than RAC and domestic urea production will be strengthened in the country.
Question:-Which year was the startup fund established?
(A) June 2014
(B) June 2015
(C) June 2016
(D) July, 2016
- On March 22, 2017, the Union Cabinet approved to set up a fund for startups.
- This fund was established in June, 2016.
- For this fund the government had allocated an amount of Rs.1000 crores.
- The following proposals have been given for setting up of funds for startups by the Cabinet:
- The alternative investment fund, assisted by the Startups Fund, can be invested at least twice.
- If the committed amount is not released for the full startup before the start-up has ended then the balance can be released after that.
- For the investments made for alternative investment funds and arrears, the limit of 0.50% will be taken from the alternative investment fund.
- This amount will be met for the meeting of Venture Capital Investment Committee, operating expenses for legal and technical evaluation etc.
- Withdrawal will be done from this fund in the beginning of the half year of each year (on 1st April and 1 October).
- The funding for startup is under the supervision of the Indian Small Industries Development Bank (SIDBI).
- Startup fund contributes to the Alternative Investment Fund (AIFs) registered in SEBI.
- This contribution can be more than 35 percent.