सामयिक विषय: Miscellaneous
Question: Recently Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu released the new passenger mobile application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect app’, which of the following is not true?
(a) This app was launched on 10 January 2017.
(b) Passenger will be able to quickly and easily book e-ticket booking.
(c) App has been developed as a next-generation ticketing system.
(d) App will help in railway security system.
- On 10 January 2017 Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu released the new passenger mobile application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect app’.
- The app was launched to promote ease of ticketing through digital transactions.
- Rail Connect has been developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
- The new application has features like 24/7 service with no time based checks, synchronisation of mobile app with NGET (Next Generation e-Ticketing) for ticket booking, simple and easy user interface and supports general, ladies, Tatkal and Premium-Tatkal quota.
- The new application sports other features like advanced security of self-assigned PIN (Personal identification number) to login without entering username and password on each login.
- New application is integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
- The new app will provide payment gateway to over 40 banks to facilitate payments through net Banking, credit or debit cards and wallets like Paytm, PayU, Mobikwik.
- The IRCTC Rail Connect is also be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR, Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
Question: Name the world’s highest bridge that has opened to traffic recently in China?
(a) Jinshajiang Bridge
(b) Zhongba Bridge
(c) Beipanjiang Bridge
(d) None of the above
- In December 2016; the world’s highest bridge has opened to traffic in China.
- The Beipanjiang Bridge is 565 meters (1,854 feet) above a river and connects the two mountainous provinces of Yunnan and Guizhou, the Guizhou provincial.
- The length of the bridge is 1,341-metre and it cost over 1 billion Yuan ($144 million) to build.
- Its construction was started in September 2013 and is completed in 2016.
- It overtook the Si Du River Bridge in the central province of Hubei, China to become the world’s highest bridge.