सामयिक विषय: Miscellaneous
Question: How recently has the age limit for senior citizens set for Air India’s travel concession?
(a) 60 years
(b) 62 years
(c) 63 years
(d) 65 years
- On April 21st, 2017 Air India revises the age limit for senior citizens for travel concession.
- Age limit to avail travel concession has been fixed 60 years.
- Earlier, the age limit prescribed for travel concession was 63 years.
- As per the revised rules, any senior citizen who is an Indian national, permanently resident in India and has attained the age of 60 on the date of commencement of journey, shall be entitled to a 50% discounted ticket in economy class on the basic RBD (reservation booking designators) fare.
- It is mentionable that the revised age limit has been implemented with immediate effect only for all domestic flights.
- The claimants would be required to produce a valid photo-identity card with the date of birth, like Aadhaar, Voters ID, Driving License, Passport or Senior Citizens ID card issued by Air India at the time of booking.
Question: Recently, a comprehensive module for capacity building of Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats and a training program for Trainers of women panchayat leaders across the country is launched by the Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi through a video conference. At which of the following places the programme was launched?
- On April 17th, 2017, Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi started a nation-wide training program for elected women representatives of panchayats from New Delhi.
- The training program is launched at Ranchi, Jharkhand through a video conference.
- The training program seeks to empower EWRs of panchayats by enhancing their capacity, capability and skill in governance and administration of villages.
- The program is launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Under this programme women representatives will be trained at the grassroots level in various areas like engineering (building of roads, drains, latrines etc.), finance, social development, education, health, and environment among others.
- In the first phase, 40 master trainers of Jharkhand will be trained at the State institute of Rural Development, Ranchi..
- In the second phase, approximately 3000 EWRs will be trained by these master trainers in the three districts of Simdega, Pakur and Chatra of Jharkhand.
Question- The first freight train left for China from the United Kingdom recently. In the above question, what is not true in this context?
(A) This shipment will cover approximately 7500 miles.
(B) This cargo will pass through 6 countries.
(C) It will go from Stanford Lee-Hope’s DP world London Gateway rail terminal to Yiwu city of Zhejiang province.
(D) British goods, including various products, have been dispatched from 30 containers laden on this shipment.
- On April 10, 2017, from the United Kingdom, the first freight train left for the China.
- The goods train will reach China by covering approximately 7500 miles in 17 days.
- The British goods, including soft drinks, vitamins and baby products, have been sent to China in 30 containers loaded on this freight train.
- It departed from Stanford-Lee Hope’s DP World London Gateway Rail Terminal to Yiwu city of Zhejiang Province (East China).
- This cargo will pass through 7 countries and reach its destination on April 27.
- These are the seven countries – France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.
- This railway service is part of China One belt One Road programme.
- Under this program, China wants to give a new start to an almost 2000-year-old Silk Road Trading Route, which connects with western countries.