सामयिक विषय: Law & Justice
Question- On which date Union Cabinet has approved the change in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2016?
(a) March 31, 2017
(b) April 1, 2017
(c) April 2, 2017
(d) April 3, 2017
- On March 31st, 2017, the Union Cabinet approved the changes in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- The bill provides for linking of driving license and vehicle registration with Aadhaar-based platform and proposes heavy penalties for traffic violations.
- The Bill proposes Aadhaar-based verification for grant of online services including learner’s license without visiting transport office.
- This would ensure the integrity of the online services and also stop creation of duplicate licenses.
- After the bill is approved vehicle dealers will be authorized to issue vehicle numbers and register them through an all-India electronic register.
Question:- The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 ‘, effective in the country from?
(a) March 1, 2010
(b) April 1, 2010
(c) April 5, 2011
(d) April 1, 2012
- On March 22, 2017, the Union Cabinet approved the amendment in the Free and Compulsory Child Education Rule Act, (RTE) 2009 under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This amendment will ensure that all teachers attain the qualification prescribed by the academic authority till March 31, 2019, in position as on 31st March, 2015.
- That is, for this type of training, four years have been extended.
- This will enable the primary teachers employed in this service to complete their training.
- Apart from this, it will also ensure that all the teachers of the primary level of the country have set a certain minimum standard of merit.
- Improvement in the overall quality of teachers and teaching processes.
- The Free and Compulsory Child Education Rights Act 2009 is effective in the country from April 1, 2010.
- In this it is envisaged providing compulsory primary education to every child in the country of 6-14 years of age.
- Under the amendment, under the section 23 (2) of the Act, teachers who had no minimum qualification till 31 March 2015 would have to get it till 31 March 2019.
Question-Footwear Design and Development Institute was founded in the year?
(a) Year 1984
(b) Year 1985
(c) Year 1986
(d) Year 1988
- On April 5, 2017; Footwear Design and Development Institute Bill 2017 was passed in the Lok Sabha.
- This Bill provided for the establishment of the Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI) as an institution of national importance.
- It is being established to promote and develop quality and excellence in education, research and training in all the branches related to footwear and leather product design.
- Notable is that the footwear design and development institute was established in the year 1986.