सामयिक विषय: Conference
Question: Festival of India is being organized in Cambodia from –
(a) 1th January to 31st January , 2017
(b) 15th January to 21th February, 2017
(c) 11th January to 17th February, 2017
(d) 10th January to 16th February, 2017
- From 10th January to 16th February, 2017; a Festival of India is being organized in Cambodia.
- The activities of the Festival include Ramayana Performance, Rajasthani Folk Music & Dance Group (Dance Group plus Manganiyar Group) and Classical Dance.
- A Buddhist Mahotsav – Exhibition titled Dhamma Darshana – to explore the life, teachings and important events connected with Lord Buddha and Photo Exhibition on Buddhist religious/heritage sites in India will also be organized.
- A Food Festival will also be held.
- The Festival events are being showcased in three cities of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang in Cambodia.
Question: The first meeting of the National Steel Consumers’ Council was held on 21st January, 2017 in …
(d) Tata Nagar
- On 21st January, 2017 the first meeting of the National Steel Consumers’ Council was held under the Chairmanship of the Union Steel Minister Shri Chaudhary Birender Singh in Mumbai.
- The function of the Steel Consumer Council is to advise Government on matters relating to supply, availability, quality and the market trends of iron and steel.
- This meeting was attended by representatives of various ministries, several industry associations, producers and consumers of iron & steel Industry, house builders and related industries, industry experts and steel makers including SAIL, RINL and TATA Steel etc.
- This meeting would provide a vibrant platform to discuss the domestic steel industry scenario, the global steel trends, and benefits of using steel and on how to boost the domestic steel consumption.
- India has become the third largest steel producer in the world; while the domestic steel consumption remains at only 60 Kgs per capita.
- There has been continued thrust from the Ministry of Steel to boost domestic steel consumption by exploring the versatile steel uses.