सामयिक विषय: Conference
Question-On 21-23 March, 2017 Where was the ‘Ficci Frames, 2017’ organized for the annual Conference of Media and Entertainment Industry?
On 21-23 March 2017; ‘FICCI FRAMES, 2017’; the three-day annual conference of the Media and Entertainment Industry was organized in Mumbai.
This is the 18th edition of this conference.
‘Ficci Frames, the main theme of 2017, was’ Digital: Divide or Dividend’.
Union Information and Broadcasting Secretary Ajay Mittal and actress Jacqueline Fernandes inaugurated the conference.
It is worth mentioning that ‘FICCI FRAMES’ is a leading business conference to attract almost all the key stakeholders of the entertainment sector.
This is the largest conference of its kind in Asia.
Question- Where was the Second India-UAE Conference on Globalization organized on March 20, 2017?
(a) New Delhi
- On March 20, 2017, the second India-UAE conference on globalization between India and the United Arab Emirates was held in Dubai.
- The purpose of this conference was to promote cooperation among the two countries.
- This conference was organized by the All India Management Association (AIMA).
- The leaders of both the countries joined the conference to discuss strategies in the fast changing world.
- The theme of this conference was ‘Resetting Globalization Collaborating in a ‘Fast Changing World’.
- During this conference, health care innovation was discussed along with many topics as well.
- In which the strategies for enhancing cooperation between the two countries were discussed.
Question:- ALROSA a diamond mining company is associated with which of the following countries?
(d) South Africa
- On 19-20 March 2017; the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council of India (GJEPC) organised International Diamond Conference at Hotel Hyatt Mumbai.
- The theme of this session was “Mines to Market 2017”.
- The conference was held with an objective of bringing together the leading Miners, Diamantaires, Retailers, Bankers and Analysts from across the globe on a platform to discuss the supply and demand issues faced by the Global Diamond Industry.
- The conference covered all aspects of the diamond pipeline including mining, midstream, marketing & retail, international finance, valuation with KP and Diamond certification.
- Mining Companies like De Beers and ALROSA participated in the event.
- It is to be noted that the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) was set up by the Ministry of Commerce and industry, Government of India (GoI) in 1966.