सामयिक विषय: Associations & Organizations
Question: Recently Madhya Pradesh Tourism under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to constitute Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board, which of the following is not the function of the board?
(a) To invite private investment in tourism sector
(b) To avail grant and facilities to investors as per the policy
(c) To provide protection to wildlife
(d) To perform all responsibilities under Tourism Policy-2016
• On 14 February 2017; Madhya Pradesh Tourism Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to constitute Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board.
• The meeting was held in famous tourist place Panchmarhi.
• Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board will be constituted for tourism expansion and promotion in the meeting.
• As part of Tourism Department, a separate institution, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board will be constituted under the company act, as a non-profit company.
• The main functions of the board decided in the meeting is to perform all responsibilities under Tourism Policy-2016, to invite private investment in tourism sector, investors facilitation, to avail grant and facilities to investors as per the policy, to frame, to execute and to monitor new policies for inviting investors, to increase land bank by selecting appropriate places for increasing tourism projects with the help of private investment.
• Also, to develop work plan for all tourism related places like archeological places, wildlife places, caves with natural beauties, parks, water reservoirs and other amusement places and take measures for their supervision, to promote private investors by participating in different national and international programmes for tourism promotion, to promote rural tourism through fair, local dishes, culture, dress, handicrafts, to make necessary arrangements for eco-tourism etc.
• Chairman of board of directors will be Chief Minister and Vice-Chairmen will be Tourism Minister and Chief Secretary.
Question: Recently Union Cabinet has given its approval for the 12th Plan Proposal of the DARE/ICAR Plan Scheme of the ‘Establishment of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (lARI) in which of the following state?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- On 18 January 2017; The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for ‘Establishment of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (lARI).
- The approval has been given under the 12th Plan Proposal of the DARE/ICAR Plan Scheme.
- It will have an estimated outlay of Rs. 200.78 crores (100% ICAR share) on 1,000 acre land provided by the Government of Jharkhand at the Gauria Karma Village in Barhi Block of Hazaribag.
- lARI-Jharkhand would be a unique Institution, which would possess all the hallmark identities as that of IARI at New Delhi including all sectors of agriculture like field crops, horticultural crops, agro-forestry, animal husbandry, fisheries, poultry, piggery, silk and lac rearing, honey production etc.
Question: a world class Integrated Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs is proposed to be built at …
(a) India Gate
(b) Raisina Hills
(c) Connaught Place
(d) Pragati Maidan
- On 24th January, 2017, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the proposal of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) for setting up of a world class Integrated Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation is a Mini Ratna Category-1 Company under the Department of Commerce.
- The total cost of the project will be Rs.2,254 crore. ITPO will utilise Rs.1,200 crore out of its free reserves towards funding of the project.
- ITPO will raise institutional loan / soft loan / external aid / land monetization for the balance amount of Rs.1,054 crore with government guarantee for the amount of institutional loan.
- The redevelopment of Pragati Maidan is envisaged in two phases. Phase-1 redevelopment is expected to complete by May 2019. Phase-1 of the project will result in redevelopment of nearly 3.26 lakh sq. meters. After redevelopment, the exhibition space will be doubled to 1.19 lakh sq.mtr. as against 65,000 sq. meters presently. Redevelopment will also include creation of a state-of-the-art Convention Center with seating capacity of 7,000 persons.
- For execution of this mega project, ITPO has assigned the work to National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd. as a Project Management Consultant.
- ITPO would call for global bidding for selection of project executor(s) for construction of the project.