सामयिक विषय: Short Notes
Question: ‘The Salesman’ which won Best Foreign language film Award belongs to …
(c) Sri Lanka
- The 89th Academy Awards ceremony, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA.
- The complete list of awards are as follows:
- Best Picture award: Moonlight. The film was directed by Barry Jenkins
- Best Director: Damien Chazelle for ‘La La Land’.
- Best Actor: Casey Affleck for ‘Manchester by the Sea’.
- Best Actress: Emma Stone for ‘La La Land’.
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali for ‘Moonlight’.
- Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis for ‘Fences’.
- Best Animated Feature Film: Zootopia . The film was directed by Byron Howard and Rich Moore.
- Best Cinematography: Linus Sandgren for ‘La La Land’
- Best Costume Design: Colleen Atwood for ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’.
- Best Documentary Feature Film: O.J.: Made in America ( director: Ezra Edelman)
- Best Foreign Language Film: The Salesman, Directed by Asghar Farhadi (Iran).
- Best Music Original Score: Justin Hurwitz for ‘La La Land’
- The ceremony was hosted by Jimmy Kimmel this year.
- Film ‘La La Land’ created history with 14 Academy Awards nominations this year and win 6 award.
Question: Tiwa is the name of a …
(a) Indian tribe.
(b) Indian folkdance.
(c) Northeastern language.
(d) None of the above.
- On 23rd February, 2017, Minister of State (independent charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel inaugurated the 9th Tribal Youth Exchange Programme under the Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan in Delhi.
- Under this exchange Programme youth from tribal belts of Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh will get to visit various places in the capital and know more about the culture and life style.
- During their interaction with the Minister, the participating youth shared their concerns and issues such as Naxal terror and lack of proper educational institutes etc. which are creating hindrance in their career progress.
- During their stay in the Capital, youth will explore the walled city and get to know more about the rich history and heritage of Delhi.
- NYKS has already conducted successful exchange programmes in 8 states. The current batch of around 250 students will also get to meet the President of India and share their ideas and stories during their stay in Delhi.
- It is to be noted that Tiwa is an ethnic group/indigenous tribe inhabiting the states of Assam and Meghalaya in Northeast India. A striking peculiarity of the Tiwa is their division into two sub-groups, Hill Tiwa and Plains Tiwas, displaying contrasting cultural features.
Question: Who is the current chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India?
(a) Ms. Suman Saxena
(b) Dr. M. s. Sahoo
(c) G. S. Yadav
(d) Amardeep Singh Bhatiya
- On 22nd February, 2017, Ms. Suman Saxena took charge as the whole time member of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
- Ms. Saxena will look after research and regulation wing comprising corporate insolvency, corporate liquidation, individual insolvency, individual bankruptcy, research and publications, data management and dissemination and advocacy.
- She will also look after National Insolvency Programme, Continuing Professional Programme, and Knowledge Management and Partnership.
- Ms. Saxena served as a member of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service for over 35 years. She was previously working as Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General.
- She has also been the Director of National Academy of Audit and Accounts.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India was established on October 1, 2016 in accordance with the provisions of The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- The main responsibility of IBBI is to regulate the functioning of insolvency professionals, insolvency professional agencies and information utilities under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016.
- It is to be noted that Dr. M.S. Sahoo is the current chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.