सामयिक विषय: Short Notes
Question: Recently North-East Frontier (NF) Railways has announced the launch of Aastha Circuit Tourist Train from Guwahati, the train will be launched on-
(a) 25 February 2017
(b) 01 February 2017
(c) 10 February 2017
(d) 17 February 2017
- On 17 January 2017 North-East Frontier (NF) Railways has announced the launch of Aastha Circuit Tourist Train from Guwahati.
- The new train will take travelers to a mix of popular pilgrimage destinations across the eastern part of the country at affordable rates.
- For the first time, this type of special dedicated tourist train was being originated from NF Railway.
- The all-inclusive special tourist train will start on February 17, 2017.
- The train will take the tourists to various famous religious destinations like Gangasagar, Sri Swamy Narayan Temple, Kalighat, Birla Temple in Kolkata, Sri Jagannath Temple and Konark Temple in Puri and Bhubaneswar – Lingaraj Temple.
- The duration of the tour from Guwahati to Guwahati is six nights and seven days and per person cost for the entire trip is Rs 6,161 only.
- A similar fashioned tourist train is also being planned to run from other parts towards Assam and nearby areas.
Question: Recently Adama Barrow sworn in as president of which of the following country?
- On 19 January 2017 Adama Barrow, the member of the United Democratic Party (UDP) sworn in as the 3rd President of the Gambia.
- He will replace Yahya Jammeh.
- Troops from a bloc of West African countries have entered Gambia in support of Adama Barrow.
- United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution backing Barrow and called for a peaceful transfer of power.
- Longtime ruler Yahya Jammeh has refused to step down despite losing a disputed December 1 presidential election to Barrow, deepening a political crisis.