सामयिक विषय: Tennis
Question: Recently Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza won the 2017 Brisbane International women’s doubles title with-
a) Martina Hingis
b) Bethanie Mattek-Sands
c) Simona Halep
d) Jelena Jankovic
- The 2017 Brisbane International was a tournament of the 2017 ATP World Tour and 2017 WTA Tour.
- It was played on outdoor hard courts in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- It was the ninth edition of the tournament and took place at the Queensland Tennis Centre in Tennyson.
- It was held from 1 to 8 January 2017 as part of the Australian Open Series.
- Men’s Singles:
- Winner : Grigor Dimitrov(Bulgaria)
- Runner Up: Kei Nishikori(Japan)
- Women’s Singles:
- Winner : Karolína Plíšková(Czech Republic)
- Runner Up: Alizé Cornet(France)
- Men’s Doubles
- Winner : Thanasi Kokkinakis and Jordan Thompson(Both are of Australia)
- Runner Up: Gilles Müller(Luxembourg) and Sam Querrey( United States )
- Women’s Doubles
- Winner : Bethanie Mattek-Sands(United States) and Sania Mirza(India)
- Runner Up: Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina (Both are of Russia)
Question: Who has won the recently held International Premier Tennis League season-2016?
(a) Indian Aces
(b) Japan Warriors
(c) OUE Singapore Slammers
(d) UAE Royals
- On 2-11 December, 2016; The 2016 International Premier Tennis League (IPTL) season (officially the 2016 Coca-Cola International Premier Tennis League) held at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium, Hyderabad.
- It was the third season of the professional team tennis league.
- It was contested by four teams in Asia (Indian Aces, pan Warriors, OUE Singapore Slammers and UAE Royals.
Winner: OUE Singapore Slammers.
- Runner Up: Indian Aces.