सामयिक विषय: Sports Miscellaneous
Question: In which of the followings States of India Bharat Kesari Dangal 2017
was the organized?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- On March 21st, 2017, the Department of Sports and Youth Affairs of the State Government of Haryana started the Bhrat Kesari Dangal, 2017 in Ambala.
- Wrestling is organized on Martyrdom Day (23 March) to remember our Martyr Sahid Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev & Rajguru.
- This year total eight teams from Haryana, Railways, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan took part in the competition.
- Each team consists of 10 wrestlers (5 men and 5 women) of 10 weight category.
- Prize money for winner, first runner up and for second runner up is 1 crore ,50 lakh and 25 lakh respectively.
- Competition is played in free style.
- The winners and runners-up in finals of different categories are as follows:
- Female class:
- Ritu Phogat of Haryana defeated Nandini Solanki of Maharashtra in 48 kg category .
- Vinesh Phogat of Railways defeated Pinky of Haryana in 53 kg category.
- Pooja Dhanda of Haryana defeated Sarita More of Railways in 58 kg category.
- Ritu Malik of Railways defeated Sangeeta Fogat of Haryana in 63 kg category.
- Divya Kakran of Delhi defeated Pinky of Haryana in 69 kg weight category.
- Male class:
- Sandeep Tomar of UP defeated Amit Dahiya of Haryana in 57 kg category.
- Bajrang Poonia of Railways defeated Manoj Kumar of UP in 65 kg category
- Haryana’s Jitendra defeated Pravin Rana of Railways in 74 kg category.
- Pawan of Railways defeated Delhi’s Deepak in 86 kg category.
- Haryana’s Khatri defeated Krishna of Railways in 97 kg category.
Question: The National Basketball Association (NBA) recently announced the setting up of its first basketball school in which of the following cities?
(a) New Delhi
- On 7th April, 2017, the National Basketball Association (NBA) announced the setting up of its first basketball school, a network of tuition-based basketball development programmes, in Mumbai.
- The school is open to male and female players between ages 6-18. It is a part of a multi-year agreement with India On Track (IOT).
- The curriculum has been developed by the NBA’s elite basketball development team in consultation with current and former NBA coaches and former NBA players d to help players, parents, coaches and organizations better understand the process of improvement.
- It covers on-court training, strength and conditioning, and basketball education for young players between 6-18 years of age and will be implemented by local coaches working directly with the NBA’s international basketball operations staff around the world.
- The basketball school in Mumbai builds on the NBA’s existing basketball and youth development initiatives in India.
- It is notable that India On Track (IOT) is a sports management firm.
Question: Who is the coach of Indian Hockey team?
(a) Roelant Oltmans
(b) Dhanraj Pillai
(c) Balbir Singh
(d) Vikas Dahiya
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Vijay Goel approved appointment of foreign coaches and support staff in discipline of athletics on 6th April, 2017.
- The decision was taken with a view to provide best possible help and support, sports infrastructure and equipments to athletes in their training for preparation and participation in international competitions.
- Appointments of foreign coaches and support staff have been made up to 2020 Olympics and they will be subject to performance review annually.
- These appointments have been recommended by the Foreign Coach Selection committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Sports.
- Following are the appointments approved:
|S.No||Coach/ Masseur/ Masseuse||Event|
|1||Mr. Dave Smith, Australia||Race Walking|
|2||Ms. Galina P. Bukharina, USA||400 M & 400M Relay|
|3||Mr. Dmitry Kislev, Russia||Masseur|
|4||Ms. Elmira Kisleva, Russia||Masseuse|