सामयिक विषय: Hockey
Question: Which of the following country has won the Junior Hockey World Cup- 2016?
- The 2016 Hockey Junior World Cup was the 11th edition of the Hockey Junior World Cup for men, an international field hockey tournament.
- It was held in Lucknow, India from 8–18 December, 2016.
- Number of participating teams -16
- Competition Results
1. Gold – India
2. Silver – Belgium
3. Bronze – Germany
- Man of the match(Final) – Gurjant Singh (India)
- Best Player of the Tournament: Enrique Gonzalez de Castejon (ESP)
- Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Loic van Doren (BEL)
- Up & Coming U19 Player of the Tournament: Timm Herzbruch (GER)
- Fair Play Award: New Zealand
- Fans Choice Award: Harmanpreet Singh (IND)
- HERO Top Scorer of the Tournament: Edward Horler (ENG) – 8 goals
- India have become the first nation to win the hockey junior World Cup at home.
- India beat Belgium 2-1 to win their second world title after 15 years.
- India has won its first title in Hobart, Australia in 2001.
- In 1997, India had won a silver medal in Milton Keyes, England.
Question: Which of the following country has won the recently held 5th Men’s AHF Cup?
(b) Sri Lanka
- 5th Men’s AHF Cup was held in Hong Kong China from 19 to 27 November 2016.
- Result of the Compettition:
- Gold -Bangladesh
- Silver-Sri Lanka
- Bronze-Hong Kong
- Ashraful Islam, a Bangladeshi player scored maximum(9 goals) goal in the competition.