सामयिक विषय: Hockey
Question: Which of the following country has won the recently held 5th Men’s AHF Cup?
(b) Sri Lanka
- 5th Men’s AHF Cup was held in Hong Kong China from 19 to 27 November 2016.
- Result of the Compettition:
- Gold -Bangladesh
- Silver-Sri Lanka
- Bronze-Hong Kong
- Ashraful Islam, a Bangladeshi player scored maximum(9 goals) goal in the competition.
Question: Which of the following country has won the Four Nations Invitational Tournament?
(b) New Zealand
- Four Nations Invitational Tournament 2016 was held at Melbourne, Australia from 23 – 27 November 2016.
- Results of Competition:
- Gold-Australia (3-1)
- Silver-New Zealand
- Bronze-India (4-1)
Question: Which of the following team has won the recently held MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament?
(a) Karnataka Hockey
(b) Punjab & Sind Bank
(c) Indian Railways Hockey
(d) Indian Oil Corporation
- From 1st September – 11th September 2016; ten days MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament held at Chennai.
- It was the 90th edition of the Tournament.
- Indian Railways Men Hockey Team has won MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament 2016 by defeating Indian Oil Corporation Team by 2 – 1.
- Man of the Match of the Finals awarded to Malak Singh of Indian Railways.
- Other awards of the tournaments are:
- Best Forward- AffanYousuf (Indian Railways)
- Best Midfielder-Amit Rohidas (Indian Railways)
- Best Goal keeper/ Defender-Jugraj (Indian Railways)
- Most Promising Player of the tournament-Joshua (Hockey Unit of Tamil Nadu)