सामयिक विषय: Hockey
Question: Which of the following team won the All India Beighton Cup title?
(a) Indian Oil
(b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) None of the Above
- The 121st All India Beighton Cup Hockey Tournament was held between December 16-27 at SAI Centre in Salt Lake.
- It was organised by Bengal Hockey Association (BHA).
- Indian Oil won their fifth All India Beighton Cup title by edging past Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) 5-3 in the final.
- Indian Oil’s Kothajit Singh was adjudged the man of the tournament.
- Bharat Petroleum, led by Sukhwinder Singh while Indian Oil was led by Deepak Thakur.
Question: Which of the following country has won the recently held Women’s U-18 Asia Cup hockey tournament?
(d) South Korea
- Women’s U-18 Asia Cup hockey tournament was held on 16-22 December 2016.
- The participating teams are 8 (South Korea, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Chinese Taipei and Singapore)
- Competition Results:
- Gold-China (4-2), the second title
- Bronze-India (Korea, 3-0)