सामयिक विषय: Hockey
Question: Which of the following team won the All India Beighton Cup title?
(a) Indian Oil
(b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) None of the Above
- The 121st All India Beighton Cup Hockey Tournament was held between December 16-27 at SAI Centre in Salt Lake.
- It was organised by Bengal Hockey Association (BHA).
- Indian Oil won their fifth All India Beighton Cup title by edging past Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) 5-3 in the final.
- Indian Oil’s Kothajit Singh was adjudged the man of the tournament.
- Bharat Petroleum, led by Sukhwinder Singh while Indian Oil was led by Deepak Thakur.
Question: Which of the following country has won the recently held Women’s U-18 Asia Cup hockey tournament?
(d) South Korea
- Women’s U-18 Asia Cup hockey tournament was held on 16-22 December 2016.
- The participating teams are 8 (South Korea, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Chinese Taipei and Singapore)
- Competition Results:
- Gold-China (4-2), the second title
- Bronze-India (Korea, 3-0)
Question: Which of the following country has won the Junior Hockey World Cup- 2016?
- The 2016 Hockey Junior World Cup was the 11th edition of the Hockey Junior World Cup for men, an international field hockey tournament.
- It was held in Lucknow, India from 8–18 December, 2016.
- Number of participating teams -16
- Competition Results
1. Gold – India
2. Silver – Belgium
3. Bronze – Germany
- Man of the match(Final) – Gurjant Singh (India)
- Best Player of the Tournament: Enrique Gonzalez de Castejon (ESP)
- Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Loic van Doren (BEL)
- Up & Coming U19 Player of the Tournament: Timm Herzbruch (GER)
- Fair Play Award: New Zealand
- Fans Choice Award: Harmanpreet Singh (IND)
- HERO Top Scorer of the Tournament: Edward Horler (ENG) – 8 goals
- India have become the first nation to win the hockey junior World Cup at home.
- India beat Belgium 2-1 to win their second world title after 15 years.
- India has won its first title in Hobart, Australia in 2001.
- In 1997, India had won a silver medal in Milton Keyes, England.