सामयिक विषय: Hockey
Question: Indian women’s team defeated which of the following teams in the Hockey World League Round 2?
- On April 9th, 2017, the Indian women’s team India defeated Chile to win the Women’s Hockey World League Round 2 held in West Vancouver and qualify for the World League Semi-final.
- The Indian women’s team stormed into the final of Hockey World League Round 2 after a 4-0 thrashing of Belarus in the semi-finals.
- The final of Women’s Hockey World League 2016-17 will be played in Auckland, New Zealand from November 17 to 26, 2017, while semi-finals will be played in June-July 2017 in Brussels (Belgium) and Johannesburg (South Africa).
Question: Who has awarded with the title of “Most Valuable Player” of the tournament in the recently held Hockey India League-2017?
(a) Florian Fuchs
(b) Moritz Fürste
(c) Harmanpreet Singh
(d) None of these
- The 2017 Hockey India League, known as Coal India Hockey India League for sponsorship reasons, was the fifth season of the Hockey India League.
- It was held between 21 January and 26 February 2017.
- Six teams (Delhi Waveriders, Kalinga Lancers, Dabang Mumba, Punjab Warriors, Ranchi Rays and Uttar Pradesh Wizards) played 34 matches in six venues.
- The final match was played in Sector 42 Stadium, Chandigarh.
- Result of the tournament:
- Kalinga Lancers beat Dabang Mumbai by 4–1 in the final to win the title.
- This was their first title.
- Kalinga Lancers, the Winner of Coal India Hockey India League won a prize money of Rs 2 crores 50 lakhs.
- Dabang Mumbai, the 1st Runner up of Coal India Hockey India League won a prize money of Rs 1 crore 25 lakhs.
- Uttar Pradesh Wizards, the 2nd Runner up of Coal India Hockey India League, was awarded prize money of Rs 75 lakhs.
- The Fair Play Trophy was awarded to the Kalinga Lancers.
- Florian Fuchs of Dabang Mumbai won the Hero Achiever Award for Upholding the Spirit of Hockey and also received a prize money of Rs 10 lakhs.
- Moritz Fuerste and Glenn Turner of Kalinga Lancers were declared joint winners of the Dhruv Batra Maximum Goal Awards and were presented with prize money of Rs 20 lakhs .
- Harmanpreet Singh won the Ponty Chadha Upcoming player of the tournament award and was presented with a prize money of Rs 20 lakhs.
- Florian Fuchs of Dabang Mumbai was declared the Most Valuable Player of Tournament and was awarded a prize money of Rs. 50 lakhs.
- Kalinga Lancers’ Glenn Turner and Moritz Fürste finished as the tournament’s joint top-scorers with 12 goals each.
Question: Which of the following team won the All India Beighton Cup title?
(a) Indian Oil
(b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) None of the Above
- The 121st All India Beighton Cup Hockey Tournament was held between December 16-27 at SAI Centre in Salt Lake.
- It was organised by Bengal Hockey Association (BHA).
- Indian Oil won their fifth All India Beighton Cup title by edging past Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) 5-3 in the final.
- Indian Oil’s Kothajit Singh was adjudged the man of the tournament.
- Bharat Petroleum, led by Sukhwinder Singh while Indian Oil was led by Deepak Thakur.