सामयिक विषय: Sports Personality
Question: Recently who was inducted into Legends Club ‘Hall of Fame’ at the Cricket Club of India?
(a) Vijay Merchant
(b) Vinoo Mankad
(c) Vijay Hazare
(d) Kapil Dev
- On 17 Januaryv2017vCricket icon Kapil Dev was inducted into Legends Club ‘Hall of Fame’ in presence of former India captains Ajit Wadekar, Sunil Gavaskar and Nari Contractor at the Cricket Club of India.
- Kapil led India to the emphatic World Cup victory in 1983, is considered as the country’s greatest all-rounder.
- He was the first batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket.
- He was already inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame on July 11, 2013.
- He is the first Indian to take 400 Test wickets.
- Nari Contractor is the only non-cricketer inducted in Cricket Club of India.
Question: Name the Bangladeshi cricket player who recently struck the highest individual score for Bangladesh and combined with Mushfiqur Rahim in a record partnership on the second day of the first Test against New Zealand?
(a) Tamim Iqbal
(b) Shakib Al Hasan
(c) Imrul Kaium
(d) None of the above
- On 13 January 2017; Shakib Al Hasan struck 217 runs, the highest individual score for Bangladesh and combined with Mushfiqur Rahim in a record partnership on the second day of the first Test against New Zealand at Wellington (Basin Reserve).
- They scored a 359-run for fifth-wicket partnership.
- This is the highest partnership for any wicket for Bangladesh.
- The previous highest partnership for any wicket for Bangladesh was the 312 by Tamim Iqbal and Imrul Kayes for the first wicket against Pakistan at Khulna in April, 2015.
- Shakib and Mushfiqur’s partnership was also the fourth highest fifth-wicket stand by anyone in Test history, the fourth highest for any wicket against the Kiwis, and the third highest in the Basin Reserve’s 87 years as a Test venue.