सामयिक विषय: Sports Personality
Question: Recently Sunil Chhetri has overtaken which of the following footballer as the leading goalscorer in the history of I-league football?
(a) Samuel Lalmuanpuia
(b) Bhaichung Bhutia
(c) Willis Plaza
(d) None of the above
- The Bengaluru FC strike, Sunil Chhetri has overtaken Bhaichung Bhutia as the leading goalscorer in the history of Indian league football.
- He overtook Bhutias record of 89 goals by scoring 90th goal in the I-League match against Aizawl FC.
- Bangalore FC’s match against Aizawl FC’s drawed with the score of 1-1.
Question: Who appointed as the president of Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI)?
(a) Praful Patel
(b) Urjit patel
(c) Dushyant Chautala
(d) Suresh Kalmadi
- On 30 January 2017; a new set of office-bearers, led by president Dushyant Chautala took charge of affairs at the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) following the Annual General Body meeting where they were elected unopposed.
- The election to all posts conducted and supervised by Justice Ranjit Singh (Retd.) of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- Dushyant Chautala is the youngest president of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI).
Question: Recently which of the following player has been banned for one year from cricket for a whereabouts clause violation by an independent anti-doping panel in Kingston?
(a) Dwayne Bravo
(b) Andre Russell
(c) Chris Gayle
(d) Marlon Samuels
- West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell has been banned for one year from cricket for a whereabouts clause violation by an independent anti-doping panel in Kingston.
- The ban is effective from January 31, 2017 and will last until January 30, 2018.
- A three-member tribunal comprising Hugh Faulkner, Dr Marjorie Vassell and Dixeth Palmer, a former Jamaica cricketer, found Russell guilty of being negligent in filing his whereabouts on three separate occasions within a 12-month period in 2015.
- In March 2016, the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission pressed charges of negligence against Russell for not filing his whereabouts on January 1, July 1 and July 25 in 2015.
- Because of this under the World Anti-Doping Agency rules – amounted to a failed dope test.