सामयिक विषय: Sports Personality
Question: Recently Rachael Heyhoe Flint, the former England women’s cricket captain passed away, she played her first ODI against which of the following team?
(a) Jamaica Women
(b) Australia Women
(c) International XI
(d) New Zealand Women
- On 18 January 2017 Rachael Heyhoe Flint, the former England women’s cricket captain, has died aged 77.
- Heyhoe Flint was captain when her team won the inaugural 1973 Women’s Cricket World Cup.
- She also hit the first six in a women’s Test match in 1963, also at the Oval against Australia.
- She was best known for being captain of England from 1966 to 1978.
- She was one of the first ten women admitted to the MCC in 1999.
- In 2004, she was the first woman elected to the full committee of the MCC and latterly became a Trustee.
- In October 2010 was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame, the first woman to achieve this accolade.
- Rachel played 22 Tests (1594 runs) and 23 ODIs (643 runs) for England.
- She played first Test against Africa (1960) and the first one-day against international XI (1973).
Question: Recently who was inducted into Legends Club ‘Hall of Fame’ at the Cricket Club of India?
(a) Vijay Merchant
(b) Vinoo Mankad
(c) Vijay Hazare
(d) Kapil Dev
- On 17 Januaryv2017vCricket icon Kapil Dev was inducted into Legends Club ‘Hall of Fame’ in presence of former India captains Ajit Wadekar, Sunil Gavaskar and Nari Contractor at the Cricket Club of India.
- Kapil led India to the emphatic World Cup victory in 1983, is considered as the country’s greatest all-rounder.
- He was the first batsman to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket.
- He was already inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame on July 11, 2013.
- He is the first Indian to take 400 Test wickets.
- Nari Contractor is the only non-cricketer inducted in Cricket Club of India.