सामयिक विषय: Football
Question: Which of the following country won the 2016 SAFF Women’s Championship?
- The 2016 SAFF Women’s Championship was the fourth edition of the SAFF Women’s Championship, the biennial international women’s football championship contested by the national teams of the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF).
- The tournament began in India from 26 December 2016 and held upto 4 January 2017.
- This was the first time India had hosted the SAFF Women’s Championship.
- The participating teams (7) are India (host), Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Competition Results:
- Winner: India (3-1)
- Runner Up:Bangladesh
- Sabitra Bhandari of Nepal is top goal scorer in the tournament (12).
- This was India’s fourth consecutive SAFF Championship title.
- The tournament saw no participation from Pakistan.
Question: Who won the recently held Italian Supercup-2016?
(a) Juventus FC
(b) AC Milan
(c) Roma FC
- The 2016 Supercoppa Italiana was the 29th edition of the Supercoppa Italiana, Italian football supercup.
- It was played on 23 December 2016 at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
- Winner: AC Milan
- Runners Up: Juventus FC
- It is the first title of Ac Milan since 2011.