सामयिक विषय: Chess
Question: Who has won the title of the recently held London Chess Classic 2016 tournament?
(a) Faliano Mruana
(b) Viswanathan Anand
(c) Wesley So
(d) Magnus Carlsen
- The 2016 edition of the London Chess Classic was held on 18 December 2016 .
- Wesley So has won the title of the London Chess Classic 2016 tournament.
- He scored 36 points in the tournament.
- Viswanathan Anand drew his last round game against Vladimir Kramnik and finished fourth in the tournament.
Question: Who among the following has won the World Chess Championship-2016?
(a) Magnus Carlsen
(b) Sergey Karjakin
(c) Viswanathan Anand
(d) None of the above
- On 30 November 2016;Magnus Carlsen won the 2016 World Chess Championship in New York City, USA.
- Carlsen defeated Sergey Karjakin to retain the World Chess Champion title.
- It’s the third time that Carlsen has won the championship.
- He has reigned as world champion since 2013.
- Magnus Carlsen is a Norwegian chess grandmaster.
- The World Chess Championship is played to determine the World Champion in chess.
Question: Name the Indian player who recently created history at the Hoogeveen International chess tournament by becoming the first player ever to win the title twice in a row in the FIDE Open?
(a) Sahaj Grover
(b) S.L Narayanan
(c) Sandipan Chanda
(d) Abhijeet Gupta
- From15 October to 22 October 2016; Hoogeveen Chess Tournament was held at the Dutch hamlet.
- Grandmaster and Commonwealth champion Abhijeet Gupta created history by becoming the first player ever to win the title twice in a row in the FIDE Open..
- Abhijeet Gupta scored 7.5 points out of a possible nine to win the title solely ahead of second placed Grandmaster Sandipan Chanda.
- Third and fourth places were also bagged by M R Lalith Babu and M Shyam Sundar respectively.