सामयिक विषय: Chess
Question- Who won the Women’s World Chess Championship titled, 2017, in Tehran, on March 5, 2017?
(a) Tan Zhongyi
(b) Koneru Hampi
(c) Anastasia Savina
(d) Alexandra Kosteniuk
- 64 Female chess players’ knockout tournament ‘World Chess Championship, 2017’ concludes in Tehran, Iran. (February 10 to March 5, 2017)
- Competition Results:-
- Gold Medal-Tan Zhongyi (China)
- Silver Medal-Ana Muzychuk (Ukraine)
- Bronze medal-Harika Dronavalli (India)
- Bronze Medal-Alexandra Kosteniuk (Russia)
- Tan won the Grand Prix (GM) title after winning this championship
Question: Who won the title of “Group-A” in recently held 15th Parsvnath Delhi International chess tournament -2017?
(a) Sairaj Chittal
(b) Diptayan Ghosh
(c) Farrukh Amonatov
(d) Murali Karthikeyan
- The 15th Parsvnath Delhi International chess tournament -2017 was held on 09-16 January 2017 in New Delhi.
- Result of the tournament:
- Winner: Farrukh Amonatov of Tajikistan
- Runner Up: Diptayan Ghosh(India) and Dzhumaev Marat (Uzbekistan)
- Winner Goup’B’ -Sairaj Cittl (Maharashtra )
- Winner Group ‘C’ -Suhaib Ahmed (UP)
Question: Tukhaev Adam, the winner of 9th Chennai Open International Grandmaster Chess Tournament 2017 belongs to which of the following country?
- The 9th Chennai Open Grandmaster Chess tournament 2017 for the Sakthi Group Dr N Mahalingam Trophy was held at Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- Ukraine Grandmaster Tukhaev Adam (8.5) won the tournament.
- The second spot was shared by top seed GM David Alberto (Ita), GM Czebe Attila (Hun), GM Malakhatko Vadim (Bel) and IM Nitin S (Ind) at 8.0 points.