सामयिक विषय: Chess
Question: Who won the title of “Group-A” in recently held 15th Parsvnath Delhi International chess tournament -2017?
(a) Sairaj Chittal
(b) Diptayan Ghosh
(c) Farrukh Amonatov
(d) Murali Karthikeyan
- The 15th Parsvnath Delhi International chess tournament -2017 was held on 09-16 January 2017 in New Delhi.
- Result of the tournament:
- Winner: Farrukh Amonatov of Tajikistan
- Runner Up: Diptayan Ghosh(India) and Dzhumaev Marat (Uzbekistan)
- Winner Goup’B’ -Sairaj Cittl (Maharashtra )
- Winner Group ‘C’ -Suhaib Ahmed (UP)
Question: Tukhaev Adam, the winner of 9th Chennai Open International Grandmaster Chess Tournament 2017 belongs to which of the following country?
- The 9th Chennai Open Grandmaster Chess tournament 2017 for the Sakthi Group Dr N Mahalingam Trophy was held at Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- Ukraine Grandmaster Tukhaev Adam (8.5) won the tournament.
- The second spot was shared by top seed GM David Alberto (Ita), GM Czebe Attila (Hun), GM Malakhatko Vadim (Bel) and IM Nitin S (Ind) at 8.0 points.
Question: Who has won the title of the recently held London Chess Classic 2016 tournament?
(a) Faliano Mruana
(b) Viswanathan Anand
(c) Wesley So
(d) Magnus Carlsen
- The 2016 edition of the London Chess Classic was held on 18 December 2016 .
- Wesley So has won the title of the London Chess Classic 2016 tournament.
- He scored 36 points in the tournament.
- Viswanathan Anand drew his last round game against Vladimir Kramnik and finished fourth in the tournament.