सामयिक विषय: Boxing
Question: Who among the following has won the only Gold medal at recently held AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships?
(a) Sudhir Kumar
(b) Sachin Singh
(c) Ajay Kumar
(d) Mahesh Chandra
- AIBA Youth World Boxing Championship was held on 17-26 November 2016 in St. Petersburg, Russia .
- In this Championship Cuba with 2 gold and 2 silver medals got first place.
- India with 1 gold and 1 bronze medal ranked fourth with Australia and Turkey in the competition.
- Sachin Singh (won the only gold medal at the AIBA Youth World Championships with a stunning unanimous victory over Cuban national champion Jorge Grinan.
- Representing India in men’s heavyweight 91 kg category was Naman Tanwar, won bronze after he lost in the semi-finals against Pero of Cuba.
Question: Recently who has been elected as the president of the Boxing Federation of India?
(a) Jay Kowli
(b) Ajay Singh
(c) Rohit Jain
(d) Hemanta Kumar Kalita
- On 25 September 2016 the election process for the office-bearers of the new National Boxing federation was completed.
- Ajay Singh of Uttarakhand is elected president of the Boxing Federation of India.
- Mumbai-based Jay Kowli won the post of secretary-general.
- Ajay Singh, who polled 49 out of the 64 votes cast, defeated Rohit Jain (15 votes) in the contest for the president’s post.
- Jay Kowli polled 48 votes, ahead of Lenny D’Gama (12) and Rakesh Thakran (4).
- Assam’s Hemanta Kumar Kalita was elected unopposed as treasurer.
- Indian Boxing Federation is the Indian national governing body for Olympic boxing and is the India’s member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association (AIBA).
- The headquarter of Boxing Federation of India is in New Delhi.