सामयिक विषय: Billiards, Snooker & Squash
Question: Recently Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) has announced that India will host the World Billiards Championship for the next how many years?
(a) Two Years
(b) Four Years
(c) Six Years
(d) Eight Years
- According to the announcement by the Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) India will host the World Billiards Championship for the next four years.
- This was announced on 6 February 2017 by Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) secretary S Balasubramaniam.
- This will be the only World Championship recognized by all as the earlier one being held by the World Billiards Limited will not take place now.
- In 2016, the World Billiards Championship was held in Bengaluru.
Question: Who won the 3rd Kolkata Open National Invitation Snooker Championship 2017?
a) Brijesh Damani
b) Laxman Rawat
c) Aditya Mehta
d) Pankaj Advani
- On 3-8 January 2017; the 3rd Kolkata Open National Invitation Snooker Championship 2017 held in Kolkata.
- It was organised by the West Bengal Billiards Association at the Bengal Rowing Club.
- Open Competition Results:
- Winner-Pankaj Advani (ONGC)
- Runner Up-Aditya Mehta (IoC)
- Pro-Am Competition Results:
- Winner-Market Kolkata (Aditya Mehta and Ravi Goenka,)
- Runner-Natural Products (Dharminder Lilly and Sunil Saraogi)
Question: Who has won the title of recently held 11th World Billiards Championships title ?
(a) Ashok Shandilya
(b) Geet Sethi
(c) Pankaj Advani
(d) Peter Gilchrist
- On 12 December 2016; Pankaj Advani won his 11th World Billiards (150-Up format) Championships title.
- 11th World Billiards (150-Up format) Championships was held in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Pankaj Advani defeated Peter Gilchrist of Singapore.
- This is his 16th world title overall.