सामयिक विषय: Billiards, Snooker & Squash
Question: Where did the first Asian Snooker (women) championship held?
(c) New Delhi
- From 12 to 14 April, 2017; the first Asian Snooker (Women) Championship, 2017 was held in the Chandigarh, India.
- In the final of this competition, Hong Kong’s Ng On Yee won the first Asian Snooker (Women) Championship 2017 title defeating Thailand’s Waratthanun Sukritthanes by the margin of 3-2.
Question:-Who was the winner of 16th Asian Billiards (Men) Championship 2017?
(a) Alok Kumar
(b) B. Bhaskar
(c) Saurabh Kothari
(d) Pankaj Advani
- From 08 to 14 April 2017; the 16th Asian Billiards (men) championship was held in Chandigarh, India.
- Pankaj Advani (India) defeated Saurabh Kothari (India) by 6-3 to win the 16th Asian Billiards (men) championship title in the final of the competition.
- It is worth mentioning that for Pankaj Advani, the sixteen times world champion this is the 6th Asian Billiards and seventh Asian championship title.
Question: Recently Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) has announced that India will host the World Billiards Championship for the next how many years?
(a) Two Years
(b) Four Years
(c) Six Years
(d) Eight Years
- According to the announcement by the Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) India will host the World Billiards Championship for the next four years.
- This was announced on 6 February 2017 by Billiards and Snoooker Federation of India (BSFI) secretary S Balasubramaniam.
- This will be the only World Championship recognized by all as the earlier one being held by the World Billiards Limited will not take place now.
- In 2016, the World Billiards Championship was held in Bengaluru.