सामयिक विषय: Badminton
Question: – Carolina Marin, who was defeated by P.V. Sindhu in the final of Yonex Sunrise India Open Super Series-2017; belongs to which of the following country?
- On 2 April, 2017 P.V. Sindhu won the final of Yonex Sunrise India Open Super Series by 21-19, 21-16 at the Siri Fort Complex in Delhi.
- She defeated Rio Olympic Gold medalist Carolina Marin of Spain in the final match.
- She received US $ 325000 prize money for this victory.
- It is worth noting that Sindhu is the first Indian Badminton player to enter the Olympic finals in Badminton, she won silver in this game at Rio Olympic last year.
- Other important achievements of Sindhu are Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, highest sporting honour of India in 2016; Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of India in 2015 and Arjuna Award in 2013.
Question: Who among the following has won in walkover the women’s singles title of 2017 German Open Grand prix Gold Badminton tournament held on 5th March ?
(A) Naoko Fukuman
(B) Yuki Fukushima
(C) Akane Yamaguchi
(D) Li Yinhui
- BWF Session , German Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton tournament,2017 concluded in Germany. (February 28th to March 5th , 2017)
- Result of the tournament:
- Men’s singles
Winner: Chou Tien Chen (Chinese Taipei)
Runner-up: Wang Tzu Wei (Chinese Taipei)
- Women’s singles
Winner: Akane Yamaguchi (Japan), in Walkover
Runner-up: Carolina Marin (Spain)
- Men’s doubles
Winner: Kim Astrup and Anders Skaa Rasmussen (both Denmark)
Runner-up: Mads Conrad Peterson and Mads Pieler Kolding (both Denmark)
- Women’s doubles
Winner: Yuki Fukushima and Sayaka Hirota (both Japan)
Runner-up: Huang Dongping and Li Yinhui (both China)
- Mixed couple
Winner: Zhang Nan and Li Yinhuui (both China)
Runner-up: Lu Kai and Huang Yaqiong (both China)
Question: Saina Nehwal became the second Indian to win Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title earlier, it was won by which of the following player?
(a) Saina Nehwal (2011)
(b) Saina Nehwal (2012)
(c) Pusarla Venkata Sindhu(2013)
(d) Pusarla Venkata Sindhu(2014)
- The 2017 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold was the first grand prix’s badminton tournament of the 2017 BWF Grand Prix Gold and Grand Prix.
- The tournament was held at the Sibu Indoor Stadium in Sarawak, Malaysia from 17–22 January 2017.
- Result of the tournament:
- Men’s Singles:
- Winner: Ng Ka Long (Hong Kong)
- Runner Up: Lee Hyun-il(South Korea)
- Women’s Singles
- Winner: Saina Nehwal (India )
- Runner Up: Fitriani(Indonesia)
- Men’s Doubles
- Winner: Berry Angriawan and Hardianto(Both are of Indonesia )
- Runner Up: Goh Sze Fei and Nur Izzuddin( Both are of Malaysia)
- Women’s Doubles
- Winner: Jongkolphan Kititharakul and Rawinda Prajongjai( Both are of Thailand)
- Runner Up: Poon Lok Yan and Tse Ying Suet(Both are of Hong Kong )
- Mixed Doubles:
- Winner: Tan Kian Meng and Lai Pei Jing(Both are of Malaysia )
- Runner Up: Goh Soon Huat and Shevon Jemie Lai(Both are of Malaysia )
- This was Saina Nehwal’s 23rd title overall and the first after last year’s Australian Open.
- Earlier, Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (2013) won the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title.