सामयिक विषय: Athletics
Question: Who has won the title of 14th edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon?
(a) Jui Mukherjee
(b) Bed Bahadur Sunuwa
(c) Roshani Rai
(d) Major D P Singh
- On 29th May 2016 The 14th Edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon (T.H.E.M.) was held in Nepal.
- It is dedicated to the 200 years Britain-Nepal Bicentenary anniversary.
- This marathon is mentioned in Guinness Book of World Records as the the world’s Highest Marathon.
- Nepal Army’s Bed Bahadur Sunuwar won in the full marathon open category by completing the distance of 42.195 km in four hours and 10 second.
- The race started from the Everest Base Camp near the Khumbu Glacier at an altitude of 5,364 metres this morning, and concluded at Namche Bazaar (3,446 metres).
- Sunuwar was followed by Bhim Bahadur Gurung (four hours, three minutes and 14 seconds) of Nepal Army, and Suman Kulung (four hours, 11 minutes and 52 seconds) finishing second and third respectively.
- Purnimaya Rai finished the distance in five hours and 24 seconds to be victorious in the Full Marathon Open Female category.
- Roshani Rai from India finished third in the female category. Her timing was four hours, two minutes and eight seconds.
- Robert Celinski from Poland (four hours, 24 minutes and eight seconds) notched the first place in the Full Marathon Open Foreigners category.
Question: Who has won the men’s title of the recently held London Marathon-2016?
(a) Stanley Biwott
(b) Manish Singh
(c) Khushbir Kaur
(d) Eliud Kipchoge
- The 2016 London Marathon took place on 24 April 2016.
- It was the 36th running of the annual mass-participation marathon race and the third World Marathon Major of the year.
- The men’s race was won by Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya.
- Kipchoge completed the marathon in 2 hours 3 minutes 5 seconds.
- It may be recalled that Kipchoge had won the race in 2015 by completing the race in 2 hours 4 minutes 42 seconds.
- The women’s race was won by Kenyan Jemima Sumgong of Kenya.
- She completed the race in 2 hours 22 minutes 58 seconds.
- The 2015 London Marathon was won by Tigist Tufa, an Ethiopian marathon runner in a time of 2 hours 23 minutes 3 seconds, making her the first female Ethiopian to win the race in 14 years.