सामयिक विषय: Athletics
Question: Who won the women’s full marathon title in the recently held fifth Wipro Chennai Marathon?
(a) Simta Sharma
(b) Tirfi Tsegaye
(c) Jyoti Shankar Gavte
(d) Meenakshi Thakur
- On 8 January 2016; the fifth Wipro Chennai Marathon was organised by the Chennai Runners Sponsor-Wipro
- Full marathon(42.195km)-
- Winner of Men’s category: Isaac Kemboi (02:37.39s)
- Winner of Women’s category: Simta Sharma (03:34.27
- Half marathon(21.0975)-
- Winner of Men’s category: S. Karthik (01:09.25)
- Winner of Women’s category: Geetha (01:27.39)
- 10km run-
- Winner of Men’s category: Naresh Kumar (00:32.41)
- Winner of Women’s category: Kavita Tungar (00:39.58)
Question: Who is the Men Winners of the TATA Steel Kolkata 25K 2016?
(a) Nitinder Singh Rawat
(b) Man Singh
(c) Satyendra Singh Patel
(d) G Lakshmanan
- TATA Steel Kolkata 25K 2016 was held on 18 December 2016.
- Men’s winner- G. Lakshmanan, (1:17:16), a new course record
- Former course record-Nitinder Singh Rawat (1:19:39)
- Women’s winner-Monica Athare (1:34:15)
Question: Who has won the title of 14th edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon?
(a) Jui Mukherjee
(b) Bed Bahadur Sunuwa
(c) Roshani Rai
(d) Major D P Singh
- On 29th May 2016 The 14th Edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon (T.H.E.M.) was held in Nepal.
- It is dedicated to the 200 years Britain-Nepal Bicentenary anniversary.
- This marathon is mentioned in Guinness Book of World Records as the the world’s Highest Marathon.
- Nepal Army’s Bed Bahadur Sunuwar won in the full marathon open category by completing the distance of 42.195 km in four hours and 10 second.
- The race started from the Everest Base Camp near the Khumbu Glacier at an altitude of 5,364 metres this morning, and concluded at Namche Bazaar (3,446 metres).
- Sunuwar was followed by Bhim Bahadur Gurung (four hours, three minutes and 14 seconds) of Nepal Army, and Suman Kulung (four hours, 11 minutes and 52 seconds) finishing second and third respectively.
- Purnimaya Rai finished the distance in five hours and 24 seconds to be victorious in the Full Marathon Open Female category.
- Roshani Rai from India finished third in the female category. Her timing was four hours, two minutes and eight seconds.
- Robert Celinski from Poland (four hours, 24 minutes and eight seconds) notched the first place in the Full Marathon Open Foreigners category.