सामयिक विषय: Scientific
Question- Which army recently tested the Brahmos land attack supersonic cruise missile successfully?
(a) Indian Army
(b) Indian Navy
(c) Indian Coast Guard
(d) Indian Air Force
- On April 21, 2017, the BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile was successfully tested by the Indian Navy in the Bay of Bengal.
- The surface-to-surface missile was tested by the Indian Navy’s ship, Teg a guided missile frigate.
- Simultaneously, the Indian Navy has joined the specific navies of the world, who have the ability to hit the targets on the ground from the sea.
- Prior to this, only America, Russia, China and Britain have the ability to hit the ground from the sea.
- Simultaneously, the Indian Navy has gained the ability to hit from the sea in the enemy territory.
- The BrahMos missile was developed by joint venture ‘Brahmos Aerospace ‘of India’s Defense Research and Development Organization and NPO Mashinostroyenia of Russia.
- Its Antiship version has already been included in the Indian Navy.
- It is to be noted that on March 11, 2017, the successful testing of the new trial version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Defense Research and Development Organization (IRI) Chandipur was done at Integrated Test Range (ITR).
- The firepower of this new version is 450 km.
- The missile will be able to shoot at 2.5 to 3.0 MAC speed and Capable of carrying with 300 kg Warhead.
- It is worth mentioning that this missile is one of the fastest cruise missiles in the world.
- It can be launched from the ground and warships.
Question- On April, 20-21, 2017; at the coast line of which state, a comprehensive coastal security exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ will be conducted to take stock of the preparations of various security agencies?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- On 20-21 April, 2017, extensive coastal security excercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ will be organized to take stock of preparations for various security agencies on the coastline of Goa.
- This exercise will be organized by the Indian Coast Guard, Goa District Headquarters.
- The objective of this exercise is to provide uninterrupted security cover on the coast of Goa jointly by all the security agencies.
- Several agencies, including Indian Coast Guard, Indian Navy, Goa Police, Goa Coastal Security Intelligence Agency Mormugao Port Trust, Port Administration Department, CISF and customs will participate in this exercise.
- Since 2009, this joint exercise of all the related agencies is being organized under the auspices of the Goa government.
- Chief Secretary coastal security will inspect this exercise.
- This exercise was organized in the last month of November last year.
Question- During 5-18 April, 2017, joint military training exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant- 2017’ is being organized to increase military cooperation between India and which other country?
- During the April 5, 2017, joint military training exercise ’12th Nomadic Elephant-2017′ is being organized in India to enhance military cooperation between India and Mongolia.
- It is being organized in Eastern Command of the Indian Army, in Vairengte, Mizoram.
- The purpose of this exercise is to develop synergy and inter-operability between the forces of both the countries for the purpose of the rebellion and counterterrorism model, under the UN’s mandate.
- In this exercise, 3 officers, 4 JCOs and 39 soldiers from Jammu and Kashmir Rifles of Indian Army are participating.
- While 9 officers and 36 soldiers of the ‘084 Special Forces Task Battalion’ are participating from Mongolian Army.
- It is known that since this year, this joint military training exercise is being organized annually in both the countries.
- The 11th Nomadic Elephant 2016 was organized from 25 April to 8 May 2016 in Mongolia.