सामयिक विषय: National
Question: The 4th Ministerial Meeting of the South Asia Initiative to End Violence against Children (SAIEVAC) was at-
(a) New Delhi
- On 3 January 2017 Ministry of Home Affairs released its Year End review.
- Following are the highlights:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the Inter-State Council meeting in New Delhi on 16.7.2016 in which Union Ministers participated in the meeting along with the Chief Ministers and Administrators of States and Union Territories.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the three-day conclave of DGPs at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) in Hyderabad from November 25-27, 2016 and discussed issues ranging from terrorism to cyber crime
- On 3 November 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2016, held in New Delhi.
- This was the first major inter-governmental event after the adoption of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR).
- On 1 June 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi released National Disaster Management Plan, 2016 in New Delhi.
- The Vision of the Plan is to “Make India disaster resilient, achieve substantial disaster risk reduction, and significantly decrease the losses of life, livelihoods, and assets – economic, physical, social, cultural and environmental – by maximizing the ability to cope with disasters at all levels of administration as well as among communities.
- On 12 August 2016 The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh approved that the civilian victims of cross border firing along the border will be given a compensation of Rs 5 lakh.
- On 21 January 2016 Union Home Minister approved New Prison Manual 2016.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had approved the 33% posts at Constable Level for being filled up by women.
- On 13 July 2016 the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had approved the following facilities being extended to persons from Minority communities of Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan, namely Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians staying on Long Term Visa (LTV) in India
- The move is aimed at easing out the difficulties being faced by them and includes the following benefits:- opening of bank account, permission for purchase of property for self-occupation and suitable accommodation for carrying out self-employment, permission to take self-employment, issue of driving licence, PAN card and Aadhaar number, allowing free movement within the State /UT where they are staying, transfer of LTV papers from one state to other etc.
- On 10 March 2016 the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing and ratification of the Bay of Bengal Initiative on Multi Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Convention on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
- On 4 August 2016 Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the 7th Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior/Home, held in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- On 8 July 2016 2nd Anti-Drug Working Group meeting of Heads of Drug Control Agencies of BRICS countries, held in New Delhi.
- On 11 May 2016 the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the 4th Ministerial Meeting of the South Asia Initiative to End Violence against Children (SAIEVAC) in New Delhi.
- The President of India promulgated the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Ordinance, 2016 on January 07, 2016.
- On 31 August 2016 Cabinet approved grant of Permanent Residency Status to Foreign Investors.
- Visa on Arrival for Japanese nationals launched from 1st March, 2016.
- On 26 July 2016 Expert Committee for exploring other possible alternatives to Pellet Guns as Non-lethal Weapons constituted.
- Important Agreements:
- MoU between India and United Arab Emirates on cooperation in preventing and combating of Human Trafficking.
- Three agreements between India and Switzerland on Mutual Visa Exemption, Return of Illegal Migrants and Arrangement for Dependent Persons of Diplomatic and Consular Mission to Perform Gainful Employment signed.
- Exchange of terrorist screening information Arrangement between India and USA signed.
Question: When did the Ministry of AYUSH celebrated the First National Ayurveda Day?
(a) 28 October 2016
(b) 29 October 2016
(c) 30 October 2016
(d) 31 October 2016
- On 3 January 2017 Ministry of AYUSH published its Year End Review for 2016.
- Important Highlights:
- 191 United Nations (UN) Member-States celebrated the 2nd International Day of Yoga spread across an entire week from June 18-26, 2016.
- The second International Day of Yoga was celebrated by organising various events concerning Yoga including Mass Yoga Demonstration at National and International level.
- The main event of Mass Yoga Demonstration was organized at Capital Complex, Chandigarh on 21st June, 2016.
- The Ministry of AYUSH celebrated the First National Ayurveda Day on 28th October, 2016 by organizing the daylong Seminar on Ayurveda & Diabetes.
- On this occasion Seminar on theme “Ayurveda for Prevention and Control of Diabetes” was organized during the celebration of National Ayurveda Day at Constitution Club of India, New Delhi.
- The Government of India has approved and notified National AYUSH Mission (NAM) on 29.09.2014.
- A two-day India-US Workshop on Traditional Medicine was organized at New Delhi on 3-4 March, 2016.
- The Ministry of AYUSH supported the organization of ‘International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day’, on 9-10 April, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi .
- It was organized jointly by the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) and Liga Medicorum Homoeopathica Internationalis (LMHI).
- The Ministry of AYUSH signed a Project Collaboration Agreement with the World Health Organization (WHO), Hqs, Geneva on 13th May, 2016.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has signed an MoU on cooperation in field of Traditional Medicine with the Ministry of Health & Sports of the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar on 29th August 2016.
- Ministry of AYUSH organized the 9th Annual meeting of the International Regulatory Cooperation for Herbal Medicines (IRCH) during 8-10 November 2016 at New Delhi.
- Yoga has been inscribed in the UNESCO’s representative list as the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity on 1st December, 2016.
- The Ministry of AYUSH organized the “BRICS High Level Meeting on Traditional Medicinal Knowledge” on 16th December 2016 at New Delhi as part of the 6th BRICS Health Minister’s Meeting.
- During the year 2016-17, two State Level Arogya fairs have been organized at Shillong & Shimla and two National Level Arogya fairs at Bangalore and Kolkata in collaboration with the State Government and the collaborative Trade Promotion Organizations like FICCI, CII, World Ayurveda Foundation, ASSOCHAM etc.
- The Ministry of AYUSH has also planned to establish an All India Institute of Homoeopathy at Narela, Delhi, All India Institute of Unani Medicine at Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh) and an All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy each at Goa and Panchkula (Haryana).
- In the collaboration with CDAC- Hyderabad, NMPB has launched an online virtual platform ‘www.e-charak.in’ and a mobile application ‘e-charak’.
- The National Research Development Corporation has licensed Ayurvedic formulation ‘AYUSH-82’ for management of Diabetes and Ayurvedic Drug ‘Ayush-64’ for treatment of Malaria.