सामयिक विषय: International
Question- Recently, Time Magazine has been included in the list of the world’s most influential people in the year 2017-
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
(d) (b) and (c) both
- On April 20, 2017, a list of the 100 most influential people in the world of the year 2017 was released by the prestigious Time magazine.
- The magazine was divided the list into categories by Pioneers, Titans, Artists, Leaders and Icons.
- This year, the name of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is included in the Leaders category by Time Magazine.
- Apart from this, US President Donald Trump, British Prime Minister Theresa May, Julian Assange, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, Russian President Vladimir Putin, President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, Turkish President Rajab Tayeb Erdogan, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Pope Francis and Melinda Gates are included in the list..
- In this list, the founder of Paytm of India, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, has been ranked in the Titans category.
- This category includes the name of Janet Yellen, the first woman president of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve system and the founder of Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos.
- The list includes the Ivanka Trump, daughter of US President Donald Trump in the Pioneers category.
Question- According to the new citizenship law proposed by the Australian Prime Minister recently, at least how many days would it be to remain permanent resident of Australia for an applicant applied for a citizenship,?
(a) 2 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 6 years
(d) 8 years
- On April 20, 2017, proposal for change in citizenship law was proposed by issuing joint statements by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and immigration and border security minister Peter Dutton.
- According to the new rules, such a person can apply for Australian citizenship who-
(I) have permanent resident in Australia for at least 4 years.
(II) is able to speak read and understand English.
- After the application, a test will be conducted to examine the applicant’s faith towards Australian values.
- After testing the values, the process will be carried forward.
- Upon failing the test after the three attempts the applicant will be eligible for re-application only after two years to obtain citizenship.
- In the past, there was no limit set for extent of how many times any one will reapply at the time when he fails to obtain citizenship.
Question- In referendum, held in turkey to introduce presidential system, by how much percent of votes Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has won?
- On August 16th, 2016, the results of the referendum declared held in regards to amend the country’s constitution and grant the presidential office new executive powers.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has declared victory with less than 3 percent vote difference.
- 51.40 percent votes have been casted in his favor while 48.60 percent were against him.
- It is notable that this referendum has been held during Emergency to grant the presidential office new executive powers.
- The new arrangement will be effective after the presidential election of November, 2019.
- If Erdogan wins elections in 2019 and 2024, he could be in power until 2029.
- The President’s tenure will be of five years and for maximum two terms.
- The President will have all executive powers.
- The President will have right to issue orders, to appoint Cabinet Ministers, government officials, judges and to remove them.
- In addition to this, he shall also have the right to interfere in judicial matters, to declare an emergency and dissolve Parliament.
- It is noteworthy that under present arrangement president has no executive rights.