Question: The Maternity Benefit Program was extended to all districts of the country on …
(a) 1st January 2017.
(b) 26th January, 2017.
(c) 15th August, 2016.
(d) 1st July, 2016.
Related Fact :
- On May 17, 2017, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave ex-post facto approval to Pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program which now has been extended to all districts of the country w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
- The Prime Minister in his address to the nation on 31.12.2016 had announced Pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program.
- The Maternity Benefit Program will provide compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the women can take adequate rest before and after delivery and not be deprived of proper nutrition.
- All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM), excluding those who are in regular employment with the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertakings will receive benefit of Rs.5000/- in three installments for the birth of the first live child by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- First installment will be given on early registration of pregnancy, second installment on at least one antenatal check-up (after 6 months of pregnancy) and third installment when child birth is registered and child has received first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B or its equivalent/substitute.
- The government aims to ensure that on an average a woman gets Rs. 6000 for adequate support and health care during pregnancy and at the time of delivery
- The conditional cash transfer scheme would be in DBT mode.