Question-“National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) was launched by-
(a)Ministry of Rural Development
(b)Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(c)Ministry of women and child development
(d)Ministry of Defence
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the extension of timeline for implementation of the Special Package under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) for Jammu & Kashmir for another period of one year during 2018-19.
- The Cabinet also approved allocation of funds to the State under DAY-NRLM on a need basis for implementation of the Special Package without linking it with poverty ratio.
- This will help in covering all the vulnerable rural households in the State (estimated at two thirds of the total number of households) within a definite time frame.
- It will ensure mobilization of households under the auto inclusion category and households with at least one deprivation category listed in the Socio Economic Caste Census – 2011.
- It will also ensure coverage of all the blocks in Jammu & Kashmir under DAY-NRLM and ensures social inclusion, social development, and promotion of livelihoods leading to poverty alleviation in the State.
About DAY-NRLM –
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) is a poverty alleviation project was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) in June 2011.
- This scheme is focused on promoting self-employment and organization of rural poor.
- In November 2015, the program was renamed as Deendayal Antayodaya Yojana (DAY-NRLM).