Question: The talks in the 4th India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue were held in New Delhi, in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere. This Ministerial dialogue was on which of following sectors?
(b) Information and Broadcasting
(c)Health and Safety
(d) Trade and Investment
- On November 13th, 2017, the 4th India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment was held in New Delhi.
- The talks were held in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere covering a host of trade and investment issues.
- Both sides recognized that the current bilateral trade is much below the potential between the two world’s robust economies, despite the huge untapped potential for two-way trade and investment.
- The Indian Delegation was led by the Minister for Commerce and Industry, Shri Suresh Prabhu while the Canadian side was headed by the Minister for International Trade, Mr. François-Philippe Champagne.
- The Canadian side assured that they would look into the issues concerned, including movement of natural persons and what kind of provisions could be built into the CEPA.
- The other issues such as early institutionalization of the CEO Forum mechanism, issue of extension of derogation of pulses, etc. were also discussed.
- India forecast the trend for next 10 years and accordingly works towards a predictable environment for potential pulses which could be supplied from Canada.
- Commerce and Industry Minister also invited the Canadian side for participation in the Partnership Summit scheduled to be held in February, 2018 at Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and also invited Canada to be a partner country.