3 Day International Buddhist Conference
Question: Where is the Central Tibetan Administration (Exile Tibetan People’s Organization) headquartered?
- A three days “International Buddhist Conference” organized by Ministry of Culture and Nava Nalanda Mahavihara,Deemed University was inaugurated by His Holiness The Dalai Lama and Dr.Mahesh Sharma, Minister of Culture and Tourism on 17th March, 2017 at Rajgir International Buddhist Conference, Bihar.
- On this occasion the reprint of the Pali Tripitaka in Devanagri script was released by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- An announcement was also made for opening of the department of the Buddhist science for the first time in Asia.
- It is to be noted that the Central Tibetan Administration (Exile Tibetan People’s Organization) is headquartered at McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala, India.
- The territory of Tibet is administered by the People’s Republic of China following an illegitimate military occupation. Before that Tibet had been a distinct nation with a long history of independence.