Question: Where will the RIMPAC practice be conducted from June 27 to August 2, 2018?
(b) New Zealand
(c) Sri Lanka
- 26th Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) exercise scheduled June 27 to Aug. 2, in and around the Hawaiian Islands and Southern California.
- The theme of RIMPAC 2018 is “Capable, Adaptive, Partners.”
- This year, in this exercise, 26 countries India including will participate.
- Participating nations and forces will exercise a wide range of capabilities and demonstrate the inherent flexibility of maritime forces.
- Twenty-six nations, 47 surface ships, five submarines, 18 national land forces, and more than 200 aircraft and 25,000 personnel will participate in this exercise.
- It is the world’s largest international maritime exercise which was started in year 1971.
- This year’s exercise includes forces from Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, the Republic of Korea, the Republic of the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Vietnam.
- This is the first time Brazil, Israel, Sri Lanka and Vietnam are participating in RIMPAC.
- Additional firsts include New Zealand serving as Sea Combat Commander and Chile serving as Combined Force Maritime Component Commander.
- This is the first time a non-founding RIMPAC nation (Chile) will hold a component commander leadership position.