Daily : April 8, 2017
Question: Who won the Best Actor award in the 64th National Film Awards, 2016?
(a) Ajay Devgan
(b) Amir Khan
(c) Hritik Roshan
(d) Akshay Kumar
- The 64th National Film Awards 2016 were announced on 7th April, 2016 by the Chairpersons of the juries on Feature Films, Non Feature Films, Best Writing on Cinema and Most Film Friendly State Award.
- The Feature Film Central panel was headed by Shri Priyadarshan, an eminent Film filmmaker. The Chairperson for Non – Feature Film Jury was Shri Raju Mishra while the Chairperson for Writing Jury was Ms. Bhawana Somaaya.
- The National Film Awards would be presented by Hon’ble President of India on 3rd May, 2017.
- Best Film Critic award was given to G. Dhananjayan for his in depth analysis on a wide range of topics such as film genres, brands, new strategies in movie watching, taxation impact and ticket pricing.
- Best Book on Cinema award was given to ‘Lata- Sur Gatha’ authored by Yatindra Mishra.
- The state of Uttar Pradesh was awarded the Most Film Friendly State award for implementing a unique film policy.
- The state of Jharkhand was given Special Mention Award for their Film Policy which provided growth opportunities to the local filmmaking talent from within the State.
- Other major awards includes:
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment (Swarna Kamal): Sathamanam Bhavathi (Telgu), Director: Satish Vagesna.
- Best Actor (Rajat Kamal): Akshay Kumar (Film-Rustom ( Hindi)
- Best Actress (Rajat Kamal): Surabhi C.M (Film- Minnaminungu – the Firefly (Malayalam)
- Best Direction (Swarna Kamal): Rajesh Mapuskar (Film: Ventilator (Marathi).
- Best Male Playback Singer: Sundharayyar (Film: Joker (Tamil).
- Best Female Playback Singer: Iman Chakraborty (Film-Praktan (Bengali) .
- Best Music Direction (Songs): Bapu Padmanabha (Film- Allama (Kannada).
- Best Music Direction (Background Score): Bapu Padmanabha (Film- Allama (Kannada)
- Best Supporting Actor: Manoj Joshi (Film- Dashakriya (Marathi)
- Best Supporting Actress: Zaira Wasim (Film- Dangal (Hindi).
- Best Hindi Film: Neerja (Director: Ram Madhvani)
- Best Film Critic: G. Dhananjayan
- Best Non-Feature Film: FIREFLIES IN THE ABYSS (Director: CHANDRASHEKHAR REDDY).
- Best Debut Film of a Director: SOZ…A BALLAD OF MALADIES (Director- TUSHAR MADHAV )
- Best Film on Social Issue: Pink (Hindi) (Director: Anniruddha Roy Chowdhury).
- Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration: Dikchow Banat Palaax (Assamese) (Director: Sanjib Sabha Pandit).
- Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation: Loktak Lairembee (Manipuri) (Director: Haoban Paban Kumar).
- Best Book on Cinema: Lata : Sur Gatha (Writer: Yatindra Mishra).
- Special Jury Award (Feature Film): Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, Janatha Garrage and Pullimurugan.
- Special Jury Award (Non-Feature Film): THE CINEMA TRAVELLERS (Producer: SHIRLEY ABRAHAM).
Question: Which of the following is the 28th state of the Union of India?
- On 6th April, 2017, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched multiple development projects at Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
- He laid the Foundation Stone of a 4-lane bridge over the River Ganga, and a multi-modal terminal.
- The multi-modal terminal is an important component of the development of the National-Waterway 1 from Varanasi to Haldia.
- The Prime Minister inaugurated the 311 kilometre Govindpur-Jamtara-Dumka-Sahebganj highway; and dedicated to the nation, a solar power facility at Sahebganj District Court Premises and Sahebganj District Hospital.
- The Prime Minister also symbolically distributed certificates of appointment to constables of the Paharia Special India Reserve Battalion; and Smartphones to women entrepreneurs of Self-Help Groups.
- Jharkhand is the 28th state of the Indian Union. It was brought into existence by the Bihar reorganization Act on November 15,2000- the birth anniversary of the legendary Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- Jharkhand is famous for its rich mineral resources like Uranium, Mica, Bauxite, Granite, Gold, Silver, Graphite, Magnetite, Dolomite, Fireclay, Quartz, Fieldspar, Coal (32% of India), Iron, Copper (25%of India) etc. Forests and woodlands occupy more than 29% of the state which is amongst the highest in India.
Question: Airports Authority of India (AAI) was constituted in…
- On 5th April, 2017, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi gave its approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and its French counterpart, Civil Aviation Authority (DGAC) France.
- The MoU will facilitate implementation of Technical Cooperation Program in civil aviation sector.
- The Technical Cooperation Program will be beneficial for enhancement of skills and expertise of AAI’s officers.
- This MoU is also beneficial for imparting training of engineers, technicians, managers etc.
- It is notable that Airports Authority of India (AAI) was constituted by an Act of Parliament and came into being on 1st April 1995 by merging erstwhile National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India.
- AAI manages 125 airports, which include 18 International Airport, 07 Customs Airports, 78 Domestic Airports and 26 Civil Enclaves at Defense airfields.