Daily : April 3, 2017
Question: Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs?
(a) Ms. Vanaja N. Sarna
(b) Najib Shah
(c) Ashok Lavasa
(d) None of the above.
- On 31st March, 2017, Ms. Vanaja N. Sarna was appointed as Chairman, Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
- She is taking over on superannuation of Shri Najib Shah on 31.03.2017.
- She is an IRS officer of 1980 batch and presently holding the charge as Member (Administration).
- Ms. Sarna has served Central Board of Excise and Customs in several capacities over the last 36 years.
- She has worked in in Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax formations in Kochi, Delhi, Chennai, Meerut, Chandigarh and Bangalore.
- She has also worked as Additional Director General, National Academy of Customs, Excise & Narcotics (NACEN), in Chennai. She was also Additional Director General in Directorate General of Revenue Intelligence, New Delhi.
- Prior to becoming Member of CBEC, she held the charge of Director General of Vigilance and Chief Vigilance Officer of the Department.
Question: Purana Qila of Delhi was built by …
(a) Sher Shah Suri
(c) Dara Sikoh
(d) Qutub-uddin aibak
- On 31st March, 2017, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), National Culture Fund (NCF) and National Building Construction Corporation (India) Limited (NBCC), signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the ‘Conservation, development & maintenance of Purana Qila project’ at Purana Qila, New Delhi.
- This move has been taken under NBCC’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
- The main aim of this MoU is the conservation, restoration, development of monument precinct, upkeep of monument and museum, development to ensure better presentation and conservation of the monument and development of various tourists related amenities and highlight the history, heritage value of the monument and it’s surrounding along with its context.
- Under this agreement, NBCC (India) Limited has agreed to support the project of “Conservation, Development & Maintenance of Purana Qila” and will provide funds of up to Rs. 14.35 Crore for the next 5 years in stages starting from FY-2016-17.
- The execution of the project shall be undertaken in 3 phases mentioned as under –
- PHASE-I : Conservation, Restoration and Horticulture & Development Works
- PHASE-II : Upgradation and extension of museum and Parking
- PHASE-III : Excavation and Display
- It is notable that Purana Qila (Old Fort) is one of the oldest forts in Delhi. Its current form was built by Sher Shah Suri.
Question: Who is the chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)?
(a) Dr. M. S. Sahoo
(b) Dr. Navrang Saini
(c) Ms. Suman Saxena
(d) Sh. Ajay Tyagi
- On 31st March, 2017, Dr. Navrang Saini took charge as Whole Time Member of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) in New Delhi.
- Dr. Saini will look after Registration & Monitoring wing comprising Insolvency Professionals, Information Utilities, Insolvency Professional Agencies & Entities, Valuers, Surveillance, Investigation and Grievance Redressal. He will also look after Legal Affairs and Establishment.
- Dr. Saini has served as a member of the Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS). He has served Ministry of Corporate Affairs in various capacities and played a key role in implementation of MCA 21.
- His last assignment was Director General, Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Dr. Saini has post-graduation degrees in Management and Law and also professional qualification as a Company Secretary.
- It is notable that the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India was established on October 1, 2016 in accordance with the provisions of The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. Dr. M. S. Sahoo is the Chairperson of IBBI and Dr. Navrang Saini and Ms. Suman Saxena are its permanent members.