Daily : March 18, 2017
Question: On 14th March, 2017, Manohar Parrikar became the new chief minister of Goa. He was sworn in as the new Chief Minister by the State Governor, …
(a) Kesharinath Tripathi
(b) Mridula Sinha
(c) Nazma Heptulla
(d) Kalyan Singh
- On 14th March, 2017 former Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar was sworn in as Goa’s new Chief Minister for the fourth time in Panaji.
- He was sworn in by the state Governor Mridula Sinha.
- Nine ministers also sworn in along with Mr. Parrikar who will replace Lakshmikant Parsekar.
- Before this, Mr. Manohar Parrikar was Chief Minister of the state from 2000-2002, 2002-2005 and 2012-2014.
- Besides, he has also been the Defence Minister of India from November, 2014 to March, 2017.
- The BJP had bagged 13 seats in the polls, while three MLAs each of the Goa Forward Party and Maharashtravadi Gomantak Party, besides three independents and one Nationalist Congress Party backed Manohar Parrikar. Indian National Congress emerged as the largest party in the state assembly with 17 seats however could not manage the required number of 21 to form government.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government in Goa, headed by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, emerged victorious in the floor test conducted on 16th March, 2017 with 22 votes in favour of the government.
- On Tuesday, the Supreme Court cleared the decks for the oath taking of Parrikar as Chief Minister by refusing Congress’ plea to stay the ceremony and ordered holding of the floor test on 16th March, 2017.
Question: On 16th March, 2017 senior Congress leader Capt. Amrinder Singh took oath as the 26th Chief Minister of Punjab. Before this he was the Chief Minister of the state during…
- On 16th March, 2017 senior Congress leader Capt. Amrinder Singh took oath as the 26th Chief Minister of Punjab.
- He was sworn in by the state Governor Mr. V.P. Singh Badnaur. Capt. Singh will replace Prakash Singh Badal.
- Nine Ministers including famous cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu also took oath.
- Capt. Amrinder Singh has become the Chief Minister of the state for the second time. Before this he has been the Chief Minister of Punjab from 2002-2007.
- He represent Patiala assembly constituency of the state.
- It is notable that in the state assembly election results declared on 11th March, 2017 ,Indian National Congress got a clear majority with 77 seats. Aam Aadmi Party won 20 seats, Shiromani Akali Dal 15, Bhartiya Janta Party 3 and Lok Insaaf Party won 2 seats.
Question: Who has taken oath as the new Chief Minister of Manipur?
(a) Ibobi Singh
(b) N. Biren Sigh
(c) Y. Jay Kumar Singh
(d) H. Balkrishna Singh
- On 15th March, 2017 Nongthombam Biren Singh along with 8 ministers took oath as the Chief Minister of Manipur.
- He was sworn in by the state Governor Najma Heptulla. N. Biren Singh will replace Okram Ibobi Singh as the new Chief Minister.
- Y. Joy Kumar Singh took oath as the deputy Chief Minister of the state.
- In the election result Indian National Congress won 28 seats, Bhartiya Janta Party won 21 seats, Naga People’s Front 4, National People’s Party 4 and Lok Janshakti Party & others won 1 seat each in the 60 member state assembly.
- N. Biren Singh has been a Journalist and a National level Footballer.
- He started his political carreer with Democratic People’s Party in 2002. In 2004 his party was merged with Congress and he became minister in the Congress led government.
- He joined BJP in October, 2016 and won the Hengong assembly constituency seat in the 2017 assembly election.