Daily : March 2, 2017
उत्तर प्रदेश अधीनस्थ सेवा चयन आयोग
संख्या-09/ कम्प्युटर-अनुभाग 2017
दिनांक: 07 फरवरी 2017
Question: Which one of the cities below topped the Swachhata Index 2016?
- The Ministry of Women & Child Development is observing the Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st March 2017 to 15th March 2017.
- Swachhta Pakhwada aims to raise awareness about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan among women and children.
The Swachhta Pakhwada is observed by various Ministries of Government of India to achieve the goal of universal sanitation, hygiene and ‘open defecation free’ India by 2019.
- As a part of nationwide activities, the Ministry has written to all the states to observe the Swachhta Pakhwada through the wide network of Anganwadi Centres across the country. The states have been asked to carry out the following activities at the AWCs:
- White-washing AWCs involving local communities;
- Pictures, local logos on walls by local people free of cost;
- Cleanliness in and around AWCs;
- Weeding out of obsolete records etc;
- Divyang access to toilets may be reviewed;
- Review of toilets constructed;
- Involving private sector under CSR for Swachhta;
- Sketch competition, etc;
- Swachhta drive in and around AWCs on the banks of rivers;
- Celebrating International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2017.
- Several activities like Swachhta Pledge, slogan writing and poster making competition, street play and film screening on Swacch Bharat Abhiyan, demonstration and sessions on health, hygiene and sanitation for children, waste management etc, will be organised by senior officials from the Ministry and associated organisations.
- Cleanliness activities and pledges on Swachh Bharat will also be undertaken at the WCD Ministry in Delhi and its associated organisations such as CARA, CSWB, NCPCR, NCW and RMK.
- Joint Secretary for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will be leading specialised programmes in Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Districts with activities for girl children on the theme of Swachh Bharat.
- Senior officials will be leading visits to childcare institutions and creches and will hold sessions on proper cleaning of toys, health and hygiene, food habits and safety.
- The officials will cover all corners of the country, travelling to Haryana, Jharkhand, Sikkim, Tripura, Odisha, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala as well as conducting activities in New Delhi.
Question: ‘Duniya Ne Undha Chashma’ was a popular column of famous writer…
(a) Khushwant Singh
(b) Karan Thapar
(c) Deena Nath Mishra
(d) Taarak Mehta
- On 1st March, 2017, Taarak Mehta, the popular Gujarati columnist, humorist and playwright, passed away at the age of 87.
- Mehta used to write for Gujarati dailies like Divya Bhaskar and other publications like Chitralekha.
- The columnist’s most popular work ‘Duniya Ne Undha Chashma’ was adapted to the small screen as Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on SAB TV.
- Taarak Mehta had published 80 books, over the years, three books are based on the columns he wrote in Gujarati newspaper Divya Bhaskar while rest were compiled from the stories in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.
- Taarak Mehta was awarded the Padma Shri in 2015 for his literary contributions.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi offered condolence to the departed soul and described him as someone whose writing represented unity in diversity.