Monthly : February 2017
Question: Who has awarded with the title of “Most Valuable Player” of the tournament in the recently held Hockey India League-2017?
(a) Florian Fuchs
(b) Moritz Fürste
(c) Harmanpreet Singh
(d) None of these
- The 2017 Hockey India League, known as Coal India Hockey India League for sponsorship reasons, was the fifth season of the Hockey India League.
- It was held between 21 January and 26 February 2017.
- Six teams (Delhi Waveriders, Kalinga Lancers, Dabang Mumba, Punjab Warriors, Ranchi Rays and Uttar Pradesh Wizards) played 34 matches in six venues.
- The final match was played in Sector 42 Stadium, Chandigarh.
- Result of the tournament:
- Kalinga Lancers beat Dabang Mumbai by 4–1 in the final to win the title.
- This was their first title.
- Kalinga Lancers, the Winner of Coal India Hockey India League won a prize money of Rs 2 crores 50 lakhs.
- Dabang Mumbai, the 1st Runner up of Coal India Hockey India League won a prize money of Rs 1 crore 25 lakhs.
- Uttar Pradesh Wizards, the 2nd Runner up of Coal India Hockey India League, was awarded prize money of Rs 75 lakhs.
- The Fair Play Trophy was awarded to the Kalinga Lancers.
- Florian Fuchs of Dabang Mumbai won the Hero Achiever Award for Upholding the Spirit of Hockey and also received a prize money of Rs 10 lakhs.
- Moritz Fuerste and Glenn Turner of Kalinga Lancers were declared joint winners of the Dhruv Batra Maximum Goal Awards and were presented with prize money of Rs 20 lakhs .
- Harmanpreet Singh won the Ponty Chadha Upcoming player of the tournament award and was presented with a prize money of Rs 20 lakhs.
- Florian Fuchs of Dabang Mumbai was declared the Most Valuable Player of Tournament and was awarded a prize money of Rs. 50 lakhs.
- Kalinga Lancers’ Glenn Turner and Moritz Fürste finished as the tournament’s joint top-scorers with 12 goals each.
Question: FIH Hockey Stars Awards 2016 were conferred on 23 February 2017 in which of the following city of India?
(a) New Delhi
- On 23 February 2017; FIH Hockey Stars Awards 2016 were conferred in Chandigarh.
- This was the for the first time in the history of Hockey that the ceremony was held to honour the best players, rising stars, goalkeepers, umpires and coaches.
- Belgium captain John-John Dohmen and Netherlands’ Naomi Van were named as male and female International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) Player of the Year (2016) awards respectively.
- Hockey Stars 2016 female Goalkeeper of the Year: Won by Great Britain’s Olympic gold medallist Maddie Hinch.
- Hockey Stars 2016 male Goalkeeper of the Year: Won by Ireland’s David Harte. He won the award for the second year in a row.
- Male Rising Star of the Year (2016): Arthur Van Doren(Belgium)
- Female Rising Star of the Year (2016): Maria Granatto(Argentina)
- Coach of Year awards male: Danny Kerry(Great Britain)
- Coach of Year awards female: Karen Brown(Great Britain)
- Umpire of the Year award male: Christian Blasch(Germany)
- Umpire of the Year award female: Laurine Delforge(Belgium)
- Indian player who were nominated but not won the prize are:Harmanpreet Singh (Rising Star of the Year) and captain and goalkeeper PR Sreejesh (for Goalkeeper of the Year)
Question: Which of the following company has launched ‘MyAgriGuru’, an advisory platform for farmers that has been introduced as a mobile app?
(b) Wipro Agri Solutions Ltd.
(c) Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd
- On 24 February 2017; Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd (MASL) announced the launch of ‘MyAgriGuru’, an advisory platform for farmers that has been introduced as a mobile app.
- Mahindra Agri Solutions Ltd (MASL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra
- MyAgriGuru is a 24×7 advisory platform for farmers.
- The newly launched app is available across India in Hindi and English for easy and convenient accessibility to farmers.
- Soon it will be launched in Gujarati, Marathi and other regional languages.
- It will empower farmers to compare prices and seek the best across states.
- Mahindra is working with Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) to source weather forecast for a five-day period, in order to ensure that that crucial farming activities are aligned with the climatic conditions.
- It has also associated with Commodity Exchange – NCDEX in order to share real-time prices of various mandis across the country.