Daily : January 11, 2017
Question: The second edition of Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas from January 4-6, 2017 was held in which of the following city?
- From January 4-6, 2017; The second edition of Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas was held at the Hotel Taj Vivanta, Gomti Nagar in Lucknow .
- Akhilesh Yadav, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh inaugurated the Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas 2017.
- On this occasion award was given to Pravasis from Uttar Pradesh who have excelled in their field of work and brought laurels to both their country of residence and origin.
- The award recognizes the contribution that Uttar Pradesh brethren have made to the growth of the Country.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) was associated with Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas 2017 as its National Partner.
- During the event, the Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas will offer a platform to discuss various opportunities for growth available in Uttar Pradesh and ways to maximize them and will also showcase how India’s largest state offers maximum opportunities in various sectors.
- On the occasion, the Chief Minister also launched the Uttar Pradesh Financial Corporation’s website.
- It is known that the first Uttar Pradesh Pravasi Divas was held on 4-6th January 2016 in Agra.
Question: World Hindi Day is celebrated on-
(a) 8 January
(b) 10 January
(c) 9 January
(d) 14 January
- The World Hindi Day is being observed annually on 10 January.
- On this occasion, Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has conducted special events to spread the greatness of the language through its missions abroad.
- World Hindi Day was first observed on 10 January 2006.
- On this occasion Indian Embassy in Cairo and its cultural wing the Maulana Azad Centre for Indian Culture (MACIC) organised cultural performances at Hanager Theatre in the Cairo Opera House.