Daily : January 3, 2017
Question: Recently Agni-IV missile was successfully test fired from a road-mobile launcher on Abdul Kalam Island, off Odisha coast, it has strike range of-
(a) 3000 Km
(b) 2500 Km
(c) 4000 Km
(d) 3500 Km
- On 2 January 2017; India successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable strategic ballistic missile Agni-IV from a road-mobile launcher on Abdul Kalam Island, off Odisha coast.
- Agni-IV is a two-stage, surface-to-surface missile with the strike range of 4,000 km.
- It can carry a nuclear warhead weighing one tone.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed the missile.
- It is 20 meters long and weighs 17 tonnes.
- Both its stages are powered by solid propellants.
- The last trial conducted by the specially formed strategic force command (SFC) of Indian Army on November 9, 2015 was also successful.
Question: Recently a mobile payment app BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) was launched by-
(a) Arun Jaitley
(b) Arvind Panagariya
(c) Narendra Modi
(d) Rajnath Singh
- On 30 December 2016; At a Digi Dhan programme in New Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched mobile payment app BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money).
- The application is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The indigenously developed mobile application — BHIM — has been named after Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar.
The app verifies the phone number automatically.
- Note that the phone number used for the transactions has to be the same phone number registered with the bank for the account you intend to use.
- As of now, transactions are supported for only one account per user.
- The bank account menu allows users to change the bank account at any time.
- There are three ways to transfer money, through a QR code, through a phone number, or through the UPI address.
- A QR code is available by default in the profile section.
- This can be saved to the phone as an image, or directly shared through instant messengers or email.
- A phone number based UPI address is generated automatically, but users have the option of creating and saving additional UPI addresses.
- Security is through a UPI pin that has to be set up on start, and can be changed later on.
- Every time the app is launched, the pin is demanded, but not on screen unlock. IFSC and MMID transactions are supported for banks without UPI.