Monthly : December 2016
Question: ‘Swachh Swasth Sarvatra’, is an inter-ministerial joint initiative of which of the following two ministries?
(a) Ministry of Water Resources and Urban Development
(b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
(c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Rural Development
(d) Ministry of Rural Development and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- On 29 December 2016 Swachh SwasthSarvatra’, an inter-ministerial joint initiative between the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare was launched in New Delhi.
- The Union Minister, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, J.P. Nadda, Union Minister, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar, and Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Parameswaran Iyer were present at the launch event.
- Another joint initiative, ‘Swasth Bacche Swasth Bharat’, between Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development was also launched on the occasion.
- The objective of the ‘Swachh Swasth Sarvatra’ initiative is to build on and leverage achievements of two complementary programmes – Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and Kayakalp – of the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Ministry of Health and FamilyWelfare, respectively.
Question: Recently who has been appointed as one of the Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India?
(a) Dr. Viral V. Acharya
(b) Chanda Kochhar
(c) Usha Subramanian
(d) Arundhati Bhattacharya
- On 28 December 2016 Central Government has appointed Dr. Viral V. Acharya. as Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
- Currently he works as Professor of Economics, Department of Finance, New York University – Stern School of Business.
- He has been appointed for a term of three years from the date of his taking charge.
- Dr. Acharya will join on January 20, 2017.
- The RBI has four deputy governor posts, of which two are filled by promotions from within the ranks of the central bank. Among the other two, one post is to be filled by a commercial banker, while the other goes to an economist
- Reserve Bank of India is headed by the Governor and the post is currently held by economist Urjit Patel. There are 4 Deputy Governors R Gandhi, S S Mundra, N S Vishwanathan and Viral Acharya.