14th Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon
Question: Who has won the title of 14th edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon?
(a) Jui Mukherjee
(b) Bed Bahadur Sunuwa
(c) Roshani Rai
(d) Major D P Singh
- On 29th May 2016 The 14th Edition of Tenzing Hillary Everest Marathon (T.H.E.M.) was held in Nepal.
- It is dedicated to the 200 years Britain-Nepal Bicentenary anniversary.
- This marathon is mentioned in Guinness Book of World Records as the the world’s Highest Marathon.
- Nepal Army’s Bed Bahadur Sunuwar won in the full marathon open category by completing the distance of 42.195 km in four hours and 10 second.
- The race started from the Everest Base Camp near the Khumbu Glacier at an altitude of 5,364 metres this morning, and concluded at Namche Bazaar (3,446 metres).
- Sunuwar was followed by Bhim Bahadur Gurung (four hours, three minutes and 14 seconds) of Nepal Army, and Suman Kulung (four hours, 11 minutes and 52 seconds) finishing second and third respectively.
- Purnimaya Rai finished the distance in five hours and 24 seconds to be victorious in the Full Marathon Open Female category.
- Roshani Rai from India finished third in the female category. Her timing was four hours, two minutes and eight seconds.
- Robert Celinski from Poland (four hours, 24 minutes and eight seconds) notched the first place in the Full Marathon Open Foreigners category.