Question: International Vaccine Institute (IVI) is located at-
- On 18 January 2017; the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to the proposal for India’s taking full membership of the International Vaccine Institute (IVI) Governing Council.
- The move involves payment of annual contribution of US $ 5, 00,000 to the International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Seoul, South Korea.
- In the year 2007, with the approval of Cabinet, India joined IVI.
- International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Seoul, South Korea, established in 1997 on the initiatives of the UNDP, is an international organization devoted to developing and introducing new and improved vaccines to protect the people, especially children, against deadly infectious diseases.
Question: Who became the first player in the history of Test cricket to score centuries in 11 countries?
(a) Azhar Ali
(b) Hashim Amla
(c) Younis Khan
(d) Steve Smith
- Younis Khan became the first player in the history of Test cricket to score centuries in 11 countries, including the United Arab Emirates.
- The 39-year-old Pakistani smashed his 34th century at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Australia.
- With this he joined the list of players who made 34 century namely Sunil Gavaskar, Mahela Jayawardene and Brian Lara at 6th place.
- Rahul Dravid and Younis are only two players with centuries in all ten Full Member nations (excluding the UAE).
- It should be known that Dravid never played in the UAE, Mohammad Yousuf,, Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene also had centuries in ten countries.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the world record for most centuries (51 century) in Test cricket.