Question- On April 25, 2017, ‘World Malaria Day’ was celebrated all over the world. What is the main theme of this day in the year 2017?
(a) Invest in the future, defeat malaria
(b) End malaria for good
(c) Beat malaria
(d) Prevent malaria
- On April 25, 2017; World Malaria Day was celebrated all over the world.
- In the year 2017, the theme of this day is ‘End Malaria for Good’.
- According to the World Malaria Report 2016, 212 million new cases of malaria were reported worldwide in the year 2015, resulting in a total of 4.29 lakhs deaths.
- According to this, a child dies of malaria in every two minutes.
- According to another report, between 2010 and 2015, the number of new cases of malaria risk decreased by 21 percent in the world.
- At the same time, global statistics of malaria deaths were also down by 29 percent.
- According to the World Malaria Report, in 2015, 90 percent of the total cases of the entire world and 92 percent of total deaths were in the African region.
- It is known that the infection of malaria spreads through female anopheles mosquitoes, which takes parasite called Plasmodium from one body to another.
Question: Recently between the navies of which of the following countries, joint bilateral naval exercise ‘Varun’ has been started?
(a) India and Russia
(b) India and America
(c) India and France
(d) India and Britain
- On April 24, 2017, the joint bilateral naval exercise, between India and France’s navies, ‘Varun’ has been started at, the Toulon port on the Mediterranean coast of France.
- This naval exercise will last till April 30, 2017.
- In this naval exercise, Guided missile destroyer INS Mumbai, stealth frigate INS Trishul and fleet tanker INS Aditya are taking part.
- These ships are part of the Indian Navy’s ships deployed in Mediterranean Sea and Africa’s west coast.
- It is known that the joint bilateral naval exercise ‘Varun’ was started in the year 2000.
- Last year (2016) this exercise was organized on the Indian coast.
Question- On 17-21 April, 2017, the President of Nepal was on a state visit to India. The President of Nepal is-
(a) Ram Baran Yadav
(b) Sita Devi Bhandari
(c) Dr. Prakash Sharan Mahat
(d) Vidya Devi Bhandari
- On the invitation of Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, Nepal’s first woman president, Vidya Devi Bhandari, was on a state visit to India during 17-21 April, 2017.
- This is the first state visit of the President of Nepal after assuming office in October 2015.
- On 18th April, 2017, President of Nepal Vidya Devi Bhandari was welcomed with a guard of honor in the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- After this she went to Rajghat and paid homage to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
- During this visit, she met President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Apart from this, she traveled to Gujarat and Odisha state.
- It is notable that being the closest neighbor, there is a friendly relationship between India and Nepal.
- Its boundary of more than 1850 km meets the five provinces of India -Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand in the south-east and west.
- India continues to be Nepal’s largest trading partner, the largest source of foreign investment and the largest source of tourist arrivals.
- About 600,000 Indian origin nationals are living in Nepal as Nepali citizen.
- It includes business people, doctors, engineers, business people and workers in the information technology sector, who have been living in Nepal for a long time.
- Nepal is a South Asian landlocked Himalayan nation based in the Indian subcontinent.
- Dr. Ram Baran Yadav was the first President of Nepal.