Question: Who was recently announced to be awarded the Dada Saheb Phalke Award of the year 2016?
(a) Salim Khan
(b) Nitin Mukesh
(c) Prem Chopra
(d) Kasinadhuni Viswanath
- On April 24, 2017; the announcement was made to confer the 48th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2016 to the famous film director and actor Kasinadhuni Viswanath.
- As a director, he directed 50 films from Tamil, Telugu and Hindi cinema from the year 1965.
- His famous Hindi films include Sargam, Kamchor, Sanjog, Jaag Utha Insaan, Ishwar, Sur Sangam, Shubhkaamna, Sangeet and Dhanwaan.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri award in the year 1992 by the Indian government for his contribution in film production.
- Apart from this, he has been honored with 5 National Film Awards, 20 Nandi Awards (by the Andhra Pradesh Government) and 10 Filmfare Awards including Lifetime Achievement Award.
- His national award winner ‘SwathiMuthayam’ was the official film of India in 59th Oscar Awards.
- He was born on February 19, 1930 in Andhra Pradesh.
- It is important that Dada Saheb Phalke Award is given by the Indian Government for outstanding contribution in the progress and development of Indian cinema.
- The award was started from Dada Saheb Phalke birth centenary year 1969.
- Devikaraani was the first recipient of this award.
- Under this award, a gold lotus, cash amount of Rs 10 lakh and a shawl are provided.
- This award will be given by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on May 3, 2017.
- It is worth mentioning that the year-2015, 47th Dadasaheb Phalke Award was given to the famous film actor and director Manoj Kumar.
Question: – In which country will the ‘Second Bricks Film Festival -2017’ be organized in the country during June 23-27, 2017?
(d) South Africa
- On 23-27 June, 2017, ‘Second BRICS Film Festival-2007’ will be organized in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, Southwest China.
- In this film festival, screening of 30 films of BRICS countries Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa will be done.
- Significantly, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had proposed the BRICS Film Festival and Film Awards.
- Its aim is to increase co-operation between the BRICS countries and create harmony.
- It is known that ‘The first BRICS Film Festival 2016’ was held in New Delhi during September 2-6, 2016.
Question: On April 24th, 2017, ‘National Panchayati Raj Day’ was celebrated across the country. The day is observed in the celebration of enforcement of which of the followings Constitution Amendment Act-
(a) 62th Constitution Amendment Act
(b) 74th Constitution Amendment Act
(c) 73rd Constitution Amendment Act
(d) 91st Constitution Amendment Act
- On 24 April 2016 National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated across the country.
- The 24 April marks the passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force with effect from 24 April 1993.
- This amendment, In turn, had lead to institutionalization of Panchayati Raj (PR) through the village, Intermediate and District level Panchayats.
- So this day is celebrated on 24th April every year as anniversary.
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in the year 2010.
- It is worth noting that a new Chapter 9 and 11th schedule was added to the Indian Constitution by the 73rd Amendment Act.
- Various programs were organized across the country on this occasion.
- Following has been launched at this occasion-
- You-Tube Channel of Ministry of Panchayati Raj with short films on Best Practices and schemes of Government of India.
- Sharing of audio-visual capacity building content for Panchayati Raj Institutions through instant messaging apps over smart phones to elected members of Panchayats.
- Release of quarterly magazine with QR codes and its online version for access to PRIs over mobile phones.
- National awards viz., Deendayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar, Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar to be conferred upon Panchayati Raj Institutions and e-Panchayat Puraskars to State Governments.