Question: Recently Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu Inaugurated Wi-Fi Services at how many Mumbai Suburban Railway Stations?
- On 22 August 2016 Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu Inaugurated Wi-Fi Services at 8 Mumbai Suburban Railway Stations.
- The stations are Churchgate, Bandra, Bandra Terminus, Dadar Western Railway, Dadar Central Railway, Khar Road, Kalyan and Lokmanya Tilak.
- The Wi-Fi facility for the visitors & rail users of these 8 busy stations of Mumbai Suburban Rail Network has been commissioned by a Railway PSU, RailTel in association with Google.
- This will provide high speed State-of-the-art world class INTERNET experience to the commuters.
- The Wi-Fi facility is being provided at a speed of 1 GBps.
- In addition to 8 stations being launched on 22 August 2016, RailWire Wi-Fi has been soft launched at 8 more stations namely Sealdah, Allahabad, Pune, Puri, Tambaram, Chennai Egmore, Hazrat Nizamuddin and Chandigarh.
Question: Recently sports Minister Constituted a Committee to inquire into the allegations of Marathon runner O.P.Jaisha. The committee constituted-
- On 23 August 2016 Sports Minister Constitutes Two Member Committee to inquire into the allegations of Marathon runner O.P.Jaisha.
- Jaisha, who represented India in a 42-km long run at Rio Olympics, alleged that negligence of the Indian officials led to her collapsing at the finish line during the race.
- Slamming Indian officials for their apathy during the event, the runner said that there was no deployment at the designated stations to provide basic refreshments, most importantly water.
- The Minister of State (I/C) Youth Affairs & Sports Vijay Goal has constituted a two-member Committee consisting of Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports) and Vivek Narayan, Director (Sports) to enquire into the allegations of Ms. O.P. Jaisha.
- The two member committee will submit its report in 7 days.
Question: Recently S. R Nathan passed away. He was the former president of which of the following country?
- On 22 August 2016 Former Singapore President S.R Nathan has passed away. He was 92.
- He served as Singapore’s President from 1999 to 2011.
- In 2012 he was awarded the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Samman’ by the Government of India.
Question: Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated Renovated ‘Stor Palace’ via video-conferencing located in which of the following city?
(d) New Delhi
- On 22 August 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Afghan President Ashraf Ghani Inaugurated Renovated ‘Stor Palace’ via video-conferencing located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- It was built in the 1880 by Amir Abdul Rehman Khan.
- The Stor Palace also known as Star Palace or Kasre-estar brought back fond memories for Afghans, in and outside of the country ravaged by war and internal strife for decades.
- This place witnessed history in 1919 as the Rawalpindi Agreement that recognised Afghanistan as an independent sovereign state, was signed in one of its rooms.
- Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh had committed to renovate and restore the Palace, during his Kabul visit in 2011.
- The project was entrusted to the renowned Agha Khan Trust for Culture.
- The work was completed in nearly 48 months instead of the scheduled 36 months with an Indian grant of 5.7 million USD.